Did you mean: 

Pre-Sanctioned Optional Holidays

Niladri_B_Nayak
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Friends,

We have a scenario like this-

1. 7-Days of Paid holidays which can be handled by Holiday Calendar. It's fine

2. 3-days of Pre-sanctioned Paid Optional holidays out of 33 holidays : I  don't think I've to add all 33 holidays in holiday calendar as it will not be applicable to all being employee option driven.  Please clarify if I am correct

Unavailed / non-sanctioned Optional Holidays will automatically lapse at the end of the Calendar Year 2015.

Regards,

Niladri

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Sanky
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Niladri,

You are correct for the 1st scenario.

For the 2nd scenario i had already told in your last thread that how you can handle this. Create one absence quota type 03 where you will upload quota value is 3 from begining of the calender year. Validity from and end would be calender year.

Now based on the optional holiday you will upload to IT2001 and then quota will be deducted from this quota based on the counting rule and deduction rule linkage with absence type.

Hope so you got the clear picture about your scenario.

Regards,

Sankarsan

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi sankarsan dey,

I have a small doubt regarding niladri's issue. We can add those 3 pre sactioned optional paid holidays to the holiday calender itself ryt, same like 7 days paid holidays.  Or. Vice versa i.e, for  7 days paid holidays we can create a quota  like u said to create quota  for 3days pre sactioned optional holidays. Iam i wrong? I kindly request you to correct me as early as possible.

thanking you,

sukrutha.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi sankarsan dey,

I have a small doubt regarding niladri's issue. We can add those 3 pre sactioned optional paid holidays to holiday calender itself ryt? Same like  7days of paid holidays. I request you to clear my doubt please...

Sanky
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sukrutha,

Pre Sanctioned holiday is employee specific or better to say it's employee's choice when he want's to pick 3 out of 33. It would not be possible to design in the system.

Now if your case if it's only 3 presanctioned holiday and these 3 they can use or not by the emplyee then you can add to holiday calender.

Regards,

Sankarsan

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI sankarsan,

thanks for reply. My doubt got cleared. Can u plzz answer my one more query? What are the standard reports generated in payroll?

what are the standard reports generated in PA, TIME & OM? i just need the basic importantbreports that are generated. Plzzz let me know. Adavance thanx.

experts & gurujis in SAP HCM. Plz help me out in clearing my doubt

former_member193210
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Perhaps you should start by doing a little search first, such as in the wiki pages (ERP Human Capital Management - ERP Human Capital Management - SCN Wiki) and elsewhere on the web, as there are many threads on the subject.

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI remi,

I have googled but there are reports which are not used regularly are they any reports generated which are used on a daily basis regulay during the payroll run, or during time evaluation? Plz let me know. Advance thanx.

former_member193210
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

All depends on who does the inputs, when these are done, when the processes are executed (such as Time Evaluation and Payroll Calculation), and who the user is (a data entry clerk, a time supervisor, a payroll manager, a benefits administrator, etc.), and what are the company's processes.

Message was edited by: Rémi Corriveau

P.S. : This query has nothing to do with "Pre-sancitoned Optional Holidays", nor are you the person who created the discussion thread.  Please create your own thread when you have a query that does not relate to the subject being discussed.

former_member193210
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You could create all 33 Optional Holidays in your Calendar and they would require to use a distinct Public Holiday Class, but you will still require to use a Quota to handle the limit of 3 absences on such days.

If you don't create them in your Holiday Calendar, there is nothing in the system that can validate wether "today's" absence is for an Optional Holiday or not, and as mentioned by Sankarsan, you'll still need a Quota to handle the limit of 3 such absences.

. Message was edited by: Rémi Corriveau Note that in this scenario, a special Absence would have to be entered when the employee takes an Optional Holiday, and that Absence would have to be valid only if "Today" was an Optional Holiday day (with the special Public Holiday Class).  An error should be generated if the special Absence is entered on a day that is not one of the 33 Optional Public Holidays, and if 3 such Absences have already been processed in the current year.