Skip to Content

Archived discussions are read-only. Learn more about SAP Q&A

Downloading a File from Lumira Cloud

Hello everyone,

I have been investigating the capabilities of Lumira for a while, and one of the features i was looking for concerned the ability to share the documents and edit them offline.

From the research i made, i found a document that stated that

3.4 Downloading a document from SAP Lumira Cloud

You can download the following types of files from SAP Lumira Cloud:

● SAP Lumira documents (.svid), (.lums)

● SAP Crystal Reports documents (.rpt)

● Design Studio files (.biapp)

● Microsoft Excel spreadsheets (.xlsx)

● CSV files (.csv)

● Microsoft PowerPoint presentations (.ppt)

To download a file, on the My Items tab, click the icon beside the file, and click Download.

The file is downloaded to your computer.

This is from the Lumira Cloud user guide, available on the help portal. The version is from June 2014, and i know that it might be outdated, but i can't seem to find the option to download the file on my Cloud account.

Has this feature been abandoned? Is it a limitation of the free account?

It is quite an important feature to our clients, and we would really like to understand how we could approach it.

Thanks in advance for your time,

Regards,

Pedro Mendes

Tags:
Former Member
Former Member replied

My concerns were focused on the ability to download the information i shared.

The case that was presented to me said that: What if the person i shared my visualizations with wanted to access them offline, or what if they wanted to further work the data and the conclusions i came up with.

In this case, it seems to me to be better to provide the entire .lums file, since that way they would have access to those visualizations and the dataset that i used, and thus be able to further develop it.

0 View this answer in context
Not what you were looking for? View more on this topic or Ask a question