Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to find transports for a given field?

former_member217914
Participant
0 Kudos

I need to check if there were any entries added or changed from a particular table through a transport. I understand we can use SE03 but is it possible to

use it for this purpose? Where do I enter the particular field name (of the table/structure) in SE03 for which I am checking the changes? It gives no results. Please help.

Thanks,

Gaurav Sharma

5 REPLIES 5

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gaurav,

SE03 would not enable you to report at table field level as the transport itself does not consider this level of detail.

The transport will contain the table name and a key entry (either full or partial) and based on this key will export the table row or rows when the transport is released.

SE03 will enable you to find transport that contain entries for your table (PGMID R3TR, Obj TABU), but you'll need to get into detail of  the transport logs to find what was transported.

Regards,

Nick

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gaurav,

You can check the Log for that table by using the tcode SCU3.In that you can come to know is there any new records added in the table or any existing recordes changed or any existing records deleted.

Regards

Mani

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gaurav,

There is option in SM30 to check the change log.

Execute SM30 and open the table and then use path Utilities->change logs

Regards,

Sid

raymond_giuseppi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Check versions of

• the table
  • include(s) of the table
  • data element(s) of table and include(s)
  • domain(s) of data element(s)

Then look at log(s) of the changing TR(s) and every following version(s)/TR(s)

NB : Understand that if someone changed the domain or date element, then there may be no transport of the table...

Regards,

Raymond

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gaurav,

I do not think you can get field changes using transport as transport contains only table and primary key information for which changes are done. However if "Log Data Changes" are activated in technical settings of your table then you can get the change log from SM30 and also via date and time of these changes you can get transport number from E071K table.

All you have to build some utility based on this or else manually you can check using above information.

I am not sure what is your exact requirement but hope this will help.

Regards,

Sid