cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ADS version compatibility

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

I am requesting your help on the ADS version compatibility OSS note/help link.

I have a requirement to connect NW 7.4 AS ABAP with NW 7.0 AS Java (to tap on the ADS service installed on AS Java 7.0).

Let me know if it can be done successfully. Thanks

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

magexposito
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Balaji,

Even if you make it work from SAP NW 7.4 to ADS on SAP NW 7.0 you have to keep in mind that in case of a problem or error it is possible that SAP doesn't give you any support since this landscape it is not supported considering SAP note 1951805 - Adjusted Version Interoperability for Business Suite 7i2013.

If I were you I will think about upgrading you ADS system as soon as possible.

Best regards.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks all for your suggestions..

Yes I am aware of the interoperability and right now it is not possible to upgrade Java to 7.4, I will do so in the near future.

hemanth2
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi balaji,

Yes, better to clear this up with the client ; else at a  later point of time hey may blame Basis for not doing this.
Seen this many times .

Regards,
Hemanth

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

former_member800341
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Hi,

Is it possible to connect SAP BW 7.3 with ADS 7.5?

Thanks,

Gizem

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Balaji,

I have same version in ABAP 740 and NW 7.40..When i test the ADS RFC  and am getting the 405.

Please suggest whether any changes is there in path prefix

Still i didn't get any information for solving this issue

Thanks

Senthil

Matt_Fraser
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Senthil,

The "Method Not Allowed" response for the simple RFC connection test is normal with a 7.4 ADS. You can ignore this. In fact, this is what you're looking for. More important is the test using FP_TEST_00 and so on. If these ADS functionality tests work, then everything is fine.

Cheers,

Matt

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Matt,

Thank you for your response

While testing the report using FP_TEST_00 in SE38, I get the below error.

In ABAP 740 they introduce ICM security and not sure if it blocking the service. I feel that if i get status text OK then everything works. I have gone through all the link and configuration side is correct and no issue found.

Kindly help on this..

Thank

Senthil

Matt_Fraser
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Senthil,

I suggest you start a new thread with your issue, as yours is not actually the same situation as the OP (I just realized this is an older thread). Tag me if you want when you open the new thread; I'll be happy to help as best I can, and also this way you'll probably get others to jump in.

Cheers,

Matt

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Matt,

Check out the discussion 'ADS issue in NW 7.4' in SCN.

-- Senthilkumar m

Reagan
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

As the ABAP is based on NetWeaver 7.4 and the ADS Java is still on NetWeaver 7.0 you will have to upgrade the ADS system to the latest supported release. Sometime back I upgraded the Java stack used solely for ADS from NetWeaver 7.0 to NetWeaver 7.4 and the upgrade went well without much issues.

Cheers

RB

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi RB/Hemanth,

Many thanks.

So you recommend to upgrade Java stack, but our current scenario is like we cant upgrade Java stack as there are other dependancies involved (other servers connected and being used).

ADS wont work at al if we connect these servers (AS ABAP 7.4 with AS Java 7.0) or can I try out..

Regards

Balaji

Reagan
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

That is the recommendation from SAP. As you are just using the ADS functionality it should work with the ABAP stack based on NetWeaver 7.4 even if the you don't upgrade the Java stack. I have not tested this combination so I cannot guarantee the functionality, in case of an issue related to the ADS SAP can reject support because of this reason.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Inspite of the Netweaver version difference I was able to successfully implement ADS between ABAP 7.4 and Java 7.0. Thanks everyone for your inputs and suggestions..

Sriram2009
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Balaji

Good that you have integrated with ADS between ABAP 7.4 & Java 7.0. From Java system are you able to access any transaction or Reports in ABAP 7.4 ?

BR

SS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi SS,

No I have not tried to access any reports from Java end. I just wanted to tap on the ADS service for generating pdf based payslips in EHP7 HR ABAP system and there are no issues with that as per the initial testing.

Thanks.

Reagan
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

This is not a surprise as there were others who did the same especially by upgrading the ERP to EHP7 and BW running on 7.0 release. Like I said the recommendation is from SAP and there should be a reason behind that. Good to know that the present release and configuration work but you should consider upgrading the system to a supported release to avoid any support issues. To upgrade the ADS Java stack it just took a day for me (maximum two) so it is not a big problem.

hemanth2
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Balaji ,

Hope you are doing good.

It would be advisable that both the servers are on the same release:

"
The AS Java where the ADS are running should have at least the same release as the AS ABAP.

"

Configuring Adobe Document Services for Form Processing (ABAP) - Adobe Document Services for Form Pr...

Sriram2009
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Balaji

I thing you have to upgrade  your Java system from NW 7.0 to NW 7.3 with NW 7.4 ABAP or  you can keep you Java in NW 7.0 degrade the ABAP stack to NW 7.3

Kindly refer the SAP Note for Interoperability with SAP systems.

1388258 - Version Interoperability within the SAP Business Suite

BR

SS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Sriram and Hemanth for your reponse.

I will get back to you later for any concerns...

hemanth2
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

The best option would be to upgrade; we have seen many compatibility issues and in the long run, this will be useful.

Kind Regards,

Hemanth

SAP AGS