Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem with download alv data

ram_sahoo
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I have ALV report to display orders and sto data with some field will be traffic lights,So the problem is if i will download that displayed data in excel sheet that traffic light field data also downloading but i want it should blank while downloading.Anyone can help me for this requirement.

I.e field 1  is trafficlight so i passed value in report for signal purpose green '@08@'.

so downloading time also its downloading that value in excel sheet like  @08@.

Thanks,

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ram,

first you have to add one function-button to download data at the time of displaying ALV so that this button will be displayed on ALV screen.

Second, you have to write your own subroutine which will be triggered when user pressed this new button on the screen. You have to remove trafficlight values from your internal table which you passed to the ALV and then use this modified internal table to download it using GUI_DOWNLOAD FM.

You can use parameter I_callback_user_command in FM for REUSE_ALV* and you have to create subroutine with same name in your program where you will write your own code to download data.

Regards,

Sid

5 REPLIES 5

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ram,

first you have to add one function-button to download data at the time of displaying ALV so that this button will be displayed on ALV screen.

Second, you have to write your own subroutine which will be triggered when user pressed this new button on the screen. You have to remove trafficlight values from your internal table which you passed to the ALV and then use this modified internal table to download it using GUI_DOWNLOAD FM.

You can use parameter I_callback_user_command in FM for REUSE_ALV* and you have to create subroutine with same name in your program where you will write your own code to download data.

Regards,

Sid

0 Kudos

Thanks Siddharth your comment was very helpfull.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ram

When clicking on download you are passing data taking from alv  right.

so delete that particular field from internal table and pass it to download function--this must happens only when downloading

if you need empty field loop the internal table ,blank the particular field and append to new internal table ,pass the new internal table to download function.

Thanks

Vamsi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ram,

As mentioned by Mohan Vamsi, its advisable to hide/delete 'traffic light' column while downloading.

If user insists on having traffic light while downloading the alternative solution is download data  as 'HTML format'(.htm), then copy html file to excel.

Thanks and regards,

Greeshma.

himanshu_gupta13
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi Ram,

Here, you have to use Events of ALV and will have to handle downloading pragmatically using Upload Function module. While downloading skip that field.

You have to use Callback_Use_Command to hand the tool in alv report.

Many Thanks / Himanshu Gupta