cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error accessing service; Service Ping ERROR: Error when calling SOAP Runtime functions: SRT: Processing error in Internet Communication Framework: ("ICF Error when receiving the response: ICM_HTTP_SSL_ERROR") ()

former_member191564
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi,

We going to Connect SAP Cloud for travel and Expense with SAP and we getting below errors . Kindly help me to solve this issue

Checking connection failed

Ping failed

Error accessing service; Service Ping ERROR: Error when calling SOAP Runtime functions: SRT: Processing error in Internet Communication Framework: ("ICF Error when receiving the response: ICM_HTTP_SSL_ERROR") ()

Regrads

Ajeesh.s

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member

Hi Ajeesh,

If you are connect SAP cloud for travel with any sap on-premise system you need to install the full certificate chain from sap cloud for travel tenant into the sap on-premise system.

Regards,

Mithun

former_member191564
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Mithun,

Thx for your reply, Can you please tell me what all certificates need to be installed.

Currenly we have installed the below ones :

1) CN=GTE CyberTrust Global Root

2) CN=M000000000740152750(Cloud for travel system)

Regards

Ajeesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

To analyze your error:

1) run transaction SMICM

2) reset the trace file

3) run the transaction that results in error

4) analyze the trace file and check the error

5) go in tcode S-TRUST and perform the required certificate import

Certificates: you can obtain it by opening the cloud application with the browser and downloading the certificate chain from the certificate details. It seems you already installed the right certificates, maybe you imported them into a wrong PSE node

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ajeesh,

Please refer the below discussion for more details for similar requirement and issue.

Regards,

Mithun

chandansb
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Ajeesh,

It seems that you are performing the ping test for Outbound from C4C. And the error specifies SSL issue. Certificate from C4C must be added on to the middleware (HCI/PI whichever you are using).

In case if it is HCI, this certificate must be used in the Sender Partner in the artifact which you might have deployed on HCI. Since I am not into PI, I cannot comment in case if the middleware is PI.

You can download the certificate for your C4C from the Outbound Communication Setting of the Communication Arrangement.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Chandan

former_member191564
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Chandan,

We are not using any middleware, we have connected the system (CfTE & SAP ERP) by point to point integration.

Below are the steps we have performed

1) Certificates have been uploaded in SAP ERP (2 certificates listed in above post)

2) Certificates have been uploaded in CfTE

3) When we are testing RFC connection from SAP ERP its working fine

4) Testing outbound communication system check from Cloud for travel is giving the error

Thx,

Neha

former_member191564
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Alessandra ,

We have imported the certificate in :

STRUST ->SSL Client (Anonymous)

Can you tell me the correct folder to import the certificate?

Regards

Ajeesh.s

chandansb
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Neha/Ajeesh,

Link shared by Mithun refer to Account 360 SSL certificate installing. You can refer this link since this is also explaining the communication methodology between C4C and On Prem system without any middle ware.

Import all the relavent C4C certificates into STRUST of the On Prem system as mentioned by Alex.

Completing this should resolve the issue.

Regards,

Chandan

former_member191564
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Chandra,

When we are doing connection test in sm59 its successful with the below test result :

Status HTTP Response    415

Status Text        Unsupported Media Type

Duration Test Call          2469 ms

But when we are trying to do the check connection in Cloud for travel & expense we are getting this error

Thx,

Neha

chandansb
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Yes Neha. I understand you are facing issue for ping test for outbound from C4C. This should get resolved if the ping test gets authorized in the receiver system. And to do this you have to import C4C certificates into STRUST folder as shown in link forwarded in his post. You will have to import all the certificates mentioned by Mithun.

Complete this and lemme know the result.

Chandan

former_member191564
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi

we  install the full certificate chain from "sap cloud for travel tenant "into the sap on-premise system and now we getting below error

"ICM_HTTP_SSL_CERT_MISMATCH"

Kindly help us

Regards

Ajeesh.s

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ajeesh

please confirm:

1) connection from ERP to C4C are working

2) connection from C4C to ERP are not working with the described error

In this case the problem could reside on your network architecture and layout, or in some other kind of setting.

Eg.

-Is the ERP able to accept ssl connections?

-The C4C is trusting the ERP? (ERP certificate chain imported on the C4C)

-Others...

former_member191564
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi ,

Thx for your reply .

The connection test is working fine in SAP ERP (Tested in SM59). When we are testing the connection in C4C it is throwing error as mentioned above. We tried deploying one certificate in CfTE environment and now the error message we are getting is :"ICM_HTTP_SSL_CERT_MISMATCH".

In the SAP ERP we have successfully imported the SSL certificate

C4C testing is not working (Connection test)

Regards

Ajeesh

chandansb
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Ajeesh,

Kindly confirm if you have uploaded the chain of all the 3 certificates shown below:

Regards,

Chandan

former_member191564
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Chandra,

We have deployed the below certificate in SAP ERP from CfTE

Ajeesh  

Former Member
0 Kudos

Wich certificate are you importing in the cfte environment?

former_member191564
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
Former Member
0 Kudos

this error is caused when the ERP server certifcate is not trusted by C4C. This happens when the distinguished name of the certificate does not match the host name of the URL.   

For example, the certificate has CN =abc.com   - but host name in the communication arrangement  is abd.com. 

Check your URL hostname in the communication arrangement  in C4C.

former_member191564
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

We have maintained public ip address in the host name (Communication Arrangement of CfTE)

As the client do not have host name .

Former Member
0 Kudos

Read this document

http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/70620696-64be-3110-28a1-fbdfa4744...

Follow the step 4.2 till 4.4 to export your SAP OP certificate.

Then follow step 5 (this is for HCI but the same apply for your cfte) to import your OP certificate on the cfte system

former_member191564
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Expert,

Thx for the document, its of great help.

I have a query that the certificate we have imported from SAP ERP is self signed and not authorized or signed by CA.

Is this the reason of connectivity issue we are facing?

Thx,

Ajeesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

I don't think so, if you import the certificate in your cloud system it should work anyway. I think that the problem is somewhere else in the configuration

former_member191564
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Expert,

we have an update from SAP support team that we should not use SSL 3.0 and they are suggesting us to switch to the TLS 1.0 protocol for communication.

We are in SSL 3.0 version, can you please suggest us how to switch to TLS 1.0 protocol for communication.

Above is an update from the CfTE product development team

Thx,

Neha

former_member191564
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Experts

Kindly update this thread with your valuable thoughts

Regards

Ajeesh.s

Former Member
0 Kudos

You should try to check in the CfTE connection (the connection that points to the ERP system). In case you cannot change the protocol from here, I don't know, maybe you can open an incident and ask to SAP

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member187066
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am facing similar issue. I have tried above steps installing certificates and all. but still the same error.

If the issue is resolved for someone, please post the solution.

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ajeesh,

Could you please post the solution of the error asked by you in this post.

I am also facing the same error in C4C while connecting to PI.

Thanks & Regards,

Nida

former_member191564
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Nida,

we are not connecting with PI ,ours is point to point connection

Regards

Ajeesh

former_member187066
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Nida,

I am also connecting to PI system. If the issue is resolved for you, please let me know the fix for this issue

Thanks