cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SUM tool is failing during the execution of the Detect Certified High Availability setup step

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am using SAP Portal system with current SPS as 7.01 SP7 and updating the same to SPS15.

I have successfully updated SPS for my standalone systems.

Now i am updating the SPS for my pre-Prod system.

We have Primary application, SCS and DB on seperate hosts

SCS and DB are in cluster.

When logged into SUM tool for update it is giving error in specify credential phase.

Initially it did not accept the credentials and then prompted to enter credentials of <sid>adm on all 3 hosts (i.e SCS, DB and primary app host)

After entering the password i got the following error

===================================================================

An error has occurred during the execution of the Detect Certified High Availability setup step.

You can find more information in the files /Instdump/EPSPS15/SUM/sdt/log/SUM/DETECT-CERTIFIED-HA_05.LOG

Detected instance ha get failover config has an GATEWAY feature. It cannot be handled by SUM and will be ignored. Return code condition success evaluated to false for process sapcontrol for action ha get failover config.

DETECT  input_credentials  input-credentials-dialog  detect-certified-HA  com.sap.sdt.j2ee.services.servicesimpl.CertifiedHAService  class com.sap.sdt.tools.sapcontrol.SAPControlException

===================================================================

Content of DETECT-CERTIFIED-HA_05.LOG  are as follows.

Jan 8, 2015 10:35:26 PM [Info  ]:   Command line: /usr/sap/RR8/JC30/exe/sapcontrol -nr 32 -host crhepcs2 -user pr8adm <SecureField> -function GetInstanceProperties

Jan 8, 2015 10:35:26 PM [Info  ]:   Standard out: /Instdump/EPSPS15/SUM/sdt/tmp/SAPCONTROL_GETINSTANCEPROPERTIES_32_05.OUT

Jan 8, 2015 10:35:26 PM [Info  ]: Process ID 506 has been started.

Jan 8, 2015 10:35:26 PM [Info  ]: Waiting for process ID 506, name sapcontrol to finish.

Jan 8, 2015 10:35:27 PM [Info  ]: Process ID 506, name sapcontrol has been finished, exit code 0.

Jan 8, 2015 10:35:27 PM [Info  ]: Process ID 507, name sapcontrol has been started.

Jan 8, 2015 10:35:27 PM [Info  ]:   Command line: /usr/sap/RR8/JC30/exe/sapcontrol -nr 32 -host crhepcs2 -user pr8adm <SecureField> -function HAGetFailoverConfig

Jan 8, 2015 10:35:27 PM [Info  ]:   Standard out: /Instdump/EPSPS15/SUM/sdt/tmp/SAPCONTROL_HAGETFAILOVERCONFIG_32_05.OUT

Jan 8, 2015 10:35:27 PM [Info  ]: Process ID 507 has been started.

Jan 8, 2015 10:35:27 PM [Info  ]: Waiting for process ID 507, name sapcontrol to finish.

Jan 8, 2015 10:35:27 PM [Info  ]: Process ID 507, name sapcontrol has been finished, exit code 1.

Jan 8, 2015 10:35:27 PM [Error ]: Return code condition success evaluated to false for process sapcontrol for action ha get failover config.

Jan 8, 2015 10:35:27 PM [Error ]: The following problem has occurred during step execution: com.sap.sdt.tools.sapcontrol.SAPControlException: Detected instance ha get failover config has an GATEWAY feature. It cannot be handled by SUM and will be ignored.

Return code condition success evaluated to false for process sapcontrol for action ha get failover config.

======================================================================

========================================================================

content of TroubleTicket_07.txt as follows

An error has occurred during the execution of the Detect Certified High Availability setup step with action input_credentials. Service com.sap.sdt.j2ee.services.servicesimpl.CertifiedHAService failed with the following message:

Detected instance ha get failover config has an GATEWAY feature. It cannot be handled by SUM and will be ignored.

You can find more information in the files /Instdump/EPSPS15/SUM/sdt/log/SUM/DETECT-CERTIFIED-HA_05.LOG and ProcessOverview.html.

Use the information provided to trouble-shoot the problem. There might be an OSS note providing a solution to this problem. Search for OSS notes with the following search terms:

DETECT,input_credentials,input-credentials-dialog,detect-certified-HA,com.sap.sdt.j2ee.services.servicesimpl.CertifiedHAService,class com.sap.sdt.tools.sapcontrol.SAPControlException

====================================================================================

Can any one please help

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sharad,

Have you tried updating the kernel?...

I have a suspicion that HAGetFailoverConfig is not workimg correctly.

Check 1822055 - Enhanced SAP HA library interface

Regards, Juan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Juan,

I am planning to upgrade the kernel soon.

Will let you know

Regards

Sharad

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello, I'm getting the same error. I've done the upgrade in development system and I didn't have this error but now in production system I have it. System has kernel 7.20 _500. I'm doing a migration on the same machine of BW system with DMO option. Regards.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Kernel Update has solved the problem

Thanks for the help

Reagan
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Could you supply the /Instdump/EPSPS15/SUM/sdt/tmp/SAPCONTROL_GETINSTANCEPROPERTIES_32_05.OUT log file?

If the file is not present in the /Instdump/EPSPS15/SUM/sdt/tmp directory then look for the file in the /Instdump/EPSPS15/SUM/sdt/log directory.

Set the same password of the <SID>adm user on all nodes and see if that helps.

Have you started the SUM tool in the node where the PAS is running?