cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem with hierarchy load in SAP BW 7.4

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey SAP community,

we recently did the upgrade from SAP BW 7.0 to SAP BW 7.4 SP8. I am trying to extract a Cost Element hierarchy from a SAP ERP source system using the datasource 0COSTELMNT_0102_HIER. The first thing I did was the migration of the datasource 0COSTELMNT_0102_HIER from a 3.x to a 7.x datasource. Then I added a transformation and a DTP from the datasource to the hierarchy.

For the problem it is important to know that our characteric "Cost Element" is compounded to the two characteristics "Controlling Area" and "Source System". Both the data load via InfoPackage from the source system into the PSA of the hierarchy-datasource as well as the the data load via DTP from the PSA into the hierarchy did work well. The selected hierarchy is generated.

The problem is, that within the hierarchy all cost elements are included only compounded to the controlling area but not to the source system. So these cost element values are not correct (master data etc.).

Has anyone of you any suggestion how to fix that issue? Thank you in advance.

Kind regard,

R. Stuchlik

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

0 Kudos

pls select the proper HIEI selection in the Info package

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you jagadish Raju

I tried to give a summary of my related error, let me elaborate:

ECC -> RSA5 -> Install/Activate 0ORGUNIT_HR01_HIER

ECC -> RSA6 -> Test 0ORGUNIR_HR01_HIER (Red Flags Appear, yet the hierarchies are correct and I can navigate propperly)

BW7.4 -> RSA1 -> Modeling -> Datasource ->Replicate (It gets replicated and installed as 3.x DataSource)

BW -> RSA1 -> Business Content -> Install Corresponding Transfer Structure

BW -> RSA1 -> Modeling -> DataSource -> Create InfoPackage->Open InfoPackage -> Refresh aviable hierarchies -> Select one of them -> Save InfoPackage -> Run InfoPackage ->Monitoring Infopackage -> Refresh Details :

Errors:

Urgent Message Express document "Check Load from InfoSource 0ORGUNIT" received from author XXX

Error message from the source system

Diagnosis

An error occurred in the source system.

System Response

Caller 09 contains an error message.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I'm facing the same issues and have SAP BW 7.4 SP 15

I'm Replicating DatSources -> Activating BIContent to get Transfer Rules -> Creating InfoPackage -> Execution of Infopackage leads to extrange error messages, this only affects hierarchies

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Rene,

Even we are upgrading our system from BW7.0 to BW7.4 and facing same problem with Hierarchy loads. Did you find any solutions for the above issues?

Thanks,

Netaji

Former Member
0 Kudos

We are facing the same problem; has anyone found any solution? Please share.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I implemented snote "2024513 - 730SP13: Hieratchy-split rule doesnot work correctly if external characteristcis and compunding is involved" but the result is the same and the issue is not solved.

Rene

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Stuchlik,

Please check the note:

1952888 "Reading of master data/attributes fails for compounded Info objects".

Regards,

Sreehari.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sreehari,

the note 1952888 is not relevant as the system has already SP8.

Regards,

Rene