Skip to Content

Archived discussions are read-only. Learn more about SAP Q&A

SAP B1 approval of GR & AP Invoices That Total is greater than PO

Hi All

I was wondering how best to test electronic SAP B1 approvals for the following scenario.

Our maintenance department raise purchase orders that are potential less of a value than what is invoiced after the jobs are completed.

So, currently Purchase orders are raised and distributed to service providers who action the job and then submit invoices for payment.

So, we have scenarios where a purchase order is approved for X amount , but will then either be Goods receiptedĀ  or AP invoiced for an amount that is higher than the purchase order amount.

I would ideally like to build an electronic approval process to support :

When a Purchase Order that is approved for X Amount is copied to either a Goods Receipt or AP Invoice, and the amount of the Goods Receipt or AP Invoice is greater than the approved amountĀ  on the purchase order, by 10% up to $100, that further approval be required by a financial delegate set in the Approval template.

I know this is difficult with the current , limitations of SAP B1

So, hopefully some insightful minds can enlighten me on how best to tackle this.

Is there a way of using the standard Approval Process with a suitableĀ  SAP Query set in the TERM conditions or would I need to do some work arounds with Stored procedures in the SQL management studio? If so , I would appreciate some guidance on how best to create.

regards

Clyde Carson

Tags:
Former Member
Not what you were looking for? View more on this topic or Ask a question