cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Applying Number Formats

0 Kudos

Hi,

In the properties of crosstab in components tab, we have an option "Apply Number Formats" (need to enable registry to view this option KEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\SAP\AdvancedAnalysis\Settings\NumberFormat) when we enable this option, the number formats should be applied after each navigation step. if disabled, the number formats should be set back to defaults after each navigation step. I have observed that there is no change in behavior (after refreshing or any navigation step) of number formats even when option is enabled or disabled. Observed the same behavior with "Apply Analysis Styles" as well. where default analysis styleset should be applied when refreshed.Have anyone observed this? Currently we are on Analysis for office 1.4.10.3290.

Thanks,

Satya Rajesh

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member110741
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Satya,

regarding applying styles, issue is solved in 1.4 SP10

Please follow

http://service.sap.com/sap/support/notes/2066269

Uncheck option(disable) : for each navigation step Default Styles will not apply

Check option(enable)  : default styles will get affect to crosstab

From the above screen shot I see option "apply Analysis Style" but its actually "Apply Default Formats"(below screen shot)

and for Number Format I do not have option in panel. even I tried to enable with setting still its not.

you may add screenshot for Setting

Regards,

Subhahs

0 Kudos

Thanks for your inputs subhash.

The Process for setting the registry is shown below.

1. In "regedit", go to HKEY_CURRENT_USER -> Software -> SAP -> AdvancedAnalysis -> Settings

2. Under Settings create a new key with the name "NumberFormat" as shown below

3. In "NumberFormat" create a new string value "ShowApplyNumberFormatsToggleButton" as shown below and set it to "True"

Once this is set to True, two changes take place, "Apply Default Formats" will get modified to " Apply Analysis Styles" which is more meaningful and a new option "Apply Number Formats" will appear.

I  have verified and found that it is working as expected. When "Apply Number Formats" is checked, Analysis number formats will be applied after each navigation step. When unchecked, Local Excel Number formats in home tab (As shown below) can be applied and will be present after every navigation step ( For example: Refresh)

Hope this helps you to check the setting

Thanks,

Satya Rajesh

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

0 Kudos

Hi Satya Rajesh,

I recreated the scenario that you are and I could execute exactly as expected:

1. Created a workbook and unchecked the "Apply Number Formats"
2. Changed the number format and save workbook
3. Reopened the workbook and refreshed it

>> Works as expected. Number formats remains as my changes.

4. Checked again "Apply Number Formats"
5. Refresh workbook

>> Workbook reverted to original format.

Do you have any environment information to recreate the environment scenario?
I could see that you are using Office 2013. Are you able to check with excel 2010?

Kind regards,
Diego Ferrary

0 Kudos

Thanks Diego. I am able to recreate the scenario now. It is working fine in Office 2013.