How to resolve blank page for BI LaunchPad and 404 error in CMC?
Greetings and Wish you a very happy new year!!
Environment is as below:
BI 4.0 SP4
We have checks performed earlier and observations are mentioned below:
- a) Using the Web server URLs as their hostname or else using the ip address we are able to retrieve the homepage
- b) Login is successful for CMC [Central Management Console]and BI LaunchPad.
- c) Get 404 homepage error post login to CMC.
- d) We get a blank screen post login to BI LaunchPad.
- e) If we try to log off from CMC, the log off is successful. However for BI LaunchPad the scenario is different. Log off does not occur. Close browser tab and reopening BI LaunchPad login is successful without passing credentials
- f) Scenario mentioned above is applicable for both webservers using their hostname as well as ip address.
- g) Using Tomcat host IP address and hostname we can fetch the tomcat homepage however we have a problem with obtaining the web pages directly.
- h) Interestingly no issues are observed if the CMC and BI LaunchPad web applications are called using our loadbalancer configuration.
The issue is checked and found presently only in one box of BO 4.0.
From e) and f) we can determine that the token to BILaunchPad does not get killed, hence we have an issue with existing sessions for BILaunchPad. This will lead to performance issues later, when users start to login to BILaunchPad when the access is provided.
Additionally we have packet loss for CMC however for BI LaunchPad the GET request to obtain next packet is probably not happening. This is an assumption at present as we do not have not installed any network tracing tools at the moment.
Find attached screenshots of the issue.