Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Actions for Data migration activity

former_member1301503
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear All,

We are alreasy providing support to a company in SAP HR. One of its division has been using a NON SAP application. Now, they are migarating to SAP HR, hence I have created a new PA for them to migrate the employee master data as well as transnational data. This division, has some unique requirements, hence I have already configured actions for this PA by providing  a infogroup modifier.

IGMOD feature

Company code - XYZ

PA-0777

Infogroup modifier SH3

Now, when I have to run these same actions for migrating the data employee, I do not want all the infotypes configured in the infogroup to get populated because, these employees are inactive as of today, but the client wants the transactional data for these employees.

For e.g. Action - Away to work will have the following infotypes as:

and a custom infotype.

But during data migration activity, I just want infotypes.

Please help me with the config steps in such scenario. Should I create a new infogroup menu and then create actions so that both kinds of requirements can work simultaneously.

Or should I finish with me data migration first and then reconfigure the original infogroup.

Regards

Simran Longia

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

venkateshorusu
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Identify those employees for whom you do not want to maintain 0008 and custom info type while performing action for those employees skip those 2 info types same record in LSMW or BDC what ever the way you are going to upload data into the system then it will not get updated and system itself skips the records while uploading.

Regards

Venkatesh

former_member1301503
Participant
0 Kudos

This is a good suggestion. Let me try it and see how it works..

venkateshorusu
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

As far i understand it works go ahead.

Regards

Venkatesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

If not working through LSMW and manually update the same, use IGMOD Feature. For this, create different different Infogroup based on employee group or subgroup. In IGMOD Feature, assign these infogroups in those particular Employee Group / Subgroups.

Hope this helps too.

Regards,

Bhagyashree

venkateshorusu
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Once query is answered close thread as well.

Regards

Venkatesh

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Best and easy way is creating LSMW.

for existence of employee in the system you have to at least create IT0000 IT0001 and IT0002. lets call it Technical hiring (technical hiring action). Upload all your employees to default position via this action. After for example supposed date for example 01.01.2015 you can assign your employers to real positions. lets call it Org assignment action which will contain only IT0000 and IT0001. There are plenty of way of meeting your requirement. But in any cases using LSMW is highly recommended.

Regards

former_member1301503
Participant
0 Kudos

There are too many transactions for separation and rehire for every employee, with LSMW manual efforts will increase a lot and also will be very time consuming. Hence thinking for a BDC.

This is just one time activity for data migration.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I didn't get you, too many transactions means. for any action type running PA40 is T-code.

however which is easy and feasible to your req. go with that. already everyone given their ideas and suggestions to solve easily.

former_member1301503
Participant
0 Kudos

By too many transactions i meant. many records of separation & rehire action for each employee.

leelamohan_kavali
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

For all actions you can LSMW...........!

Ur's Mohan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Simran,

my suggestion go with separate LSMW for separation action and re-hire action.

leelamohan_kavali
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Simran,

We do have so many ways to achieve your requirement

1. To execute the action, 0000 & 0001 info types are mandatory.

2. So Just maintain 2 info types for any action and remaining info types you may update through LSMW.

or

1. You can update all respective info types for any action through LSMW (Based on client requirement).

IGMOD: Executing of info types to perform a sequential order based on employee group.

hope it may help to you...!

Ur's Mohan

former_member1301503
Participant
0 Kudos

I am planning to create an BDC program for Separation action & Rehire action which will run in loops for one employee, create all the records of an employee and then go on to the next one.

Have to do this coz these empls are contractual empls hence whenever their contract gets over they are separated and when they come back they are rehired on the same emp code.

Separation action:

Custom infotype

Rehire Action:

0185 and so forth..

I only want to record infotype 0001 and 0034 for these 2 actions and the other infotypes I will upload via LSMW.

Keeping fingers crossed.

leelamohan_kavali
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Simran,

My suggestion don't go with BDC because in future if you would like change or add one more info type for particular action again BDC will has to be modified so again Abaper need to be involved so Just write LSMW.

Note: You forgot to mention info type 0000, remember you should have to maintain info type 0000 in info group for any action without this action can't be executed.

Ur's Mohan