cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Incorrectly posted cancelled Billing doc.

former_member287204
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

Previously, our user created and posted a Billing doc. on 29.08.2014, i.e. Billing date in Billing doc.,  Doc. date & Posting date in the relevant accounting doc. were same as this date.

Then, our user was requested by another Finance user to create a Cancel Billing doc. with ref. to the above Billing doc. on 24.12.2014. In our "SD - Billing Type" setting, there is no posting block for our Cancel Billing doc. so it can be posted to Finance & cleared automatically as long as the referred Billing doc. was also posted to Finance before. However, that Cancel Billing doc. could NOT be posted to Finance as the Posting period of Aug 2014 was NOT opened. When our user found this problem, it was already on 07.01.2015. The Billing date of the Cancel Billing doc. was same as that of the above Billing doc., i.e. 29.08.2014. Then, our user tried to change the Billing date from 29.08.2014 to 07.01.2015 in the Cancel Billing doc. Then, it could be posted to Finance but the Doc. date & Posting date in the relevant accounting doc. were different, i.e. "Doc. date = 29.08.2014" & "Posting date = 07.01.2015".

Our another Finance user originally wanted the Doc. date & Posting date in this accounting doc. of the Cancel Billing were the same as "29.08.2014". Now, the Cancel Billing doc. cannot be cancelled or revoked and the Posting date cannot be changed in the accounting doc. Could you advise whether there is any appropriate solution to solve this problem ?

Many Thanks,

KH Fong

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member198650
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can adjust the cancel billing document by posting debit note and again post debit note against original billing document by maintaining the posting date as per your requirement. Or you can adjust it in FI by posting FB70 against cancel billing doc. and original billing document.

Regards,

Mukthar

former_member287204
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Mukthar / Experts,

Thanks for your advice. Could you also advise whether there will be any impact if re-opening the posting period to Aug 2014 to adjust the above using FV70 / FB70 ?

Actually, how many of the previous period (months) should be appropriate for the back posting ?

To open / re-open the posting period, is it in OB52 only ?

Many Thanks,

KH Fong

former_member198650
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Yes, posting period opens with t.code.OB52. It will impact if any user tries to post on back period.

Regards,

Mukthar

former_member287204
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Mukthar / Experts,

Thanks for your advice again. Could you also advise what impact of the back posting will be found according to your experience ? Audit issue ?

Many Thanks,

KH Fong

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

According to me back dated posting should not be allowed.

Cancelation of Billing (credit memo) in different period than the original billing period is a common business scenario. I don't understand the requirement to have cancellation of the document in the same period.

For me, clearing of the two documents to reflect the correct amounts as of today is important.

In case of business requirement they don't want to show the revenue for last FY (considering Jan-Dec) a simple reversal JV in December should be done and that should be reversed immediately in January.

Regards,

Ritesh

former_member198650
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

You should explain the auditor what was the reason for you did back posting. And also you have to prove it by submitting supporting documents.

Regards,

Mukthar

former_member287204
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear all,

Thanks for your advice.

Dear Reithsh,

Could you also explain more about your suggestion as below -

"In case of business requirement they don't want to show the revenue for last FY (considering Jan-Dec) a simple reversal JV in December should be done and that should be reversed immediately in Jan."

and What is meant by the "JV" as above ?

Dear all,

Our Finance user then changed their requirement for the new accounting doc. as below -

Doc. date: 29.08.2014

Posting date: Today

Exchange Rate: use Aug 2014 which is different from this month.

As it is limited to adjust the above info. when creating Sales Invoice using VF01 (and then release to generate accounting doc.), should we only suggest them to create Finance Customer Invoice using FV70 / FB70 by themselves (or else) ? and Will there be any impact on this creation ?

Many Thanks,

KH Fong

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I meant a simple FI posting reversing the accounting document posted during billing using F-02 with Doc date as 29.08.2014 and posting date as 31.12.2014. Why I am not recommending todays date is because the books would show revenue and account receivable postings for 2014 financial year which would be wrong and become a audit issue.

Regards,

Ritesh

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member229024
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Fong,

In my opinion, with 08/2014 period closed in FI you can not post accounting document with posting date as 29.08.2014. But if the user can post the accounting document with posting date as 07.01.2015 although the document date which points the original doc.date as 29.08.2014 should be OK.

Cheers,

former_member287204
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Ravish / Experts,

Thanks for your reply. Does it mean that the Cancelled Billing doc. really cannot & should not be cancelled, and the posting date in the accounting doc. really cannot & should not be changed ?

Is it appropriate for back posting to the previous period ? If still appropriate, how long of the period is appropriate for the back posting ?

Many Thanks,

KH Fong