cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PIR reduction through GR of Process orders

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

For my finished good, I use strategy 11.

Settings in Material master: Mixed MRP is set to 2, planning strategy 11, bwd consumption set to 999.

I create forecasts in MD61 to create planned orders. When I convert planned order to process order and deliver them to stock, PIR stays the same. As per SAP documentation, it should get reduced through GR.

What could be missing?

SAP documentation says strategy 11 to be used only for repetitive mfg or discrete. It doesn't say process industry. Any idea..?

regards

Sunny

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

kiran_kumar179
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Sunny,

On what date PIR created because you have backward consumption so your PIR should be on past dates and within 999 days from your production GR date.

If it is on future date them change the consumption mode to farward and see.

BR
KK

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kiran,

Thanks for timely reply.

Forecast created for week 02 of 2015. So automatically it will be created for 05.01 (being Monday). I create the order for today. On delivery, it should consume PIR of date 05.01 since my bwd consumption is 999 days.

Correct?

reg

Sunny

kiran_kumar179
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Sunny,

What is your production order Finish date?

And I hope your PIR Requirement type is BSF, system will reduce the PIR qty based on production GR if you maintain strategy 11 & Mixed MRP indicator as gross requirement.

And did you run MRP to create Plan order then to Production order before GR?

BR
KK

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kiran,

Requirement type is BSF in forecasts.

Order finish date is 08.01.2015. So later to forecast date of 05.01.2015.

One thing, consumption indicator is blank in MD62, next to requirement type BSF. I guess it is normal. Isnt it?

reg

Sunny

kiran_kumar179
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Sunny,

Did you run MRP after your production GR?

BR
KK

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes, I did run MRP too. No change.

Processing Key NETCH first with 3 3 1 1. No change in PIR. Then with 3 3 1 3. Again no change.

What should be consumption indicator in MD61? Blank or something?

reg

Sunny

kiran_kumar179
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Sunny,

Have you changed consumption indicator and period in material master recently if so MD61/MD62/MD63 under user parameters those changes would not get effected unless you delete old PIR and Recreate new PIR with new material master changes.

In this case set consumption indicator as backward save the user parameters and Re run the MRP.

BR
KK

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kiran,

I had cleaned all PIR's with MD74, MD75, MD76 first. Then put Mixed MRP as 2 and also consumtion mode. Reput the PIR's. and run MRP.

Also we use Z movement type and there too flag to reduce PIR is ON. Still no impact or reduction of PIR with GR.

reg

Sunny

kiran_kumar179
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Sunny,

If it is Z Movement type check OMJJ settings for consumption.

If possible share your snap shots from MM to Production GR.

BR
KK

Former Member
0 Kudos

Here it is..

Thnx

kiran_kumar179
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Sunny,

Are you using standard Strategy type 11 or you have customized anything?

Reduction is based on Statergy and Movement type settings.

The Strategy is assigned with Customer RequirementsType then The Requirement Type is assigned with Requirement Class (OVZH) Then Requirement Class has the Ind.Req.Reduction indicator Set (OVZG)

I suggest you to read below SAP Note for further details

772857 - FAQ: Independent requirements  reduction/withdrawal quantity.

9. Question:

What are common reasons for the reduction not occurring?

Response:

For planning strategies with planned independent requirements consumption: Have the prerequisites for the consumption been fulfilled (see Note 772856)? Were there independent requirements quantities to be reduced at the time of the goods movement in the forward/backward consumption periods (planning quantity > 0)?

For goods movements from inventory management (MM): Is the 'Independent requirements reduction' (PABKZ) indicator set for the movement type (transaction OMJJ)?

For goods movements from SD (for example, transaction VL02) for reducing the make-to-stock production (requirements type LSF): Is the 'Requirement reduction' (PABKZ) indicator set in the requirements class of the customer requirement (transaction OVZG)?

For stock transfers/transfer postings: A reduction does not occur for stock transfers in a planning segment. Only stock transfers between different plants, MRP areas and planning segments can reduce planned independent requirements.

Is an MRP type that provides 'Reorder point planning', 'Forecast-based planning' or 'No material requirements planning' set for the material? See the modification of Note 68641 if you want to allow the reduction for these materials.

If eveything is perfect try with standard movement type 101 or 131 in case REM and see whether PIR reduction is happening.

BR
KK

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kiran,

Yes, everything checked wrt above text. Also posted with Z movement type as well as 101. No reduction in PIR...Don't know whats the issue still..

Only point remaining is..I am using process order and not production order or collective order..Is that the reason for it not working..Not sure..

kiran_kumar179
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Sunny,

It should not be an issue even though if it is process order PIR should get consumed which is within the backward consumption period maintained in material master once GR done for process order.

You said earlier in  MD61 consumption mode is not there did you maintain there manually and tried?

BR
KK

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kiran,

Yes, I mentioned that consumption indicator is not maintained by default (by system).

For Cons Ind, I have following options :

-Only consume reservations, dep reqmt

-consume cust reqmnt, reservation, dependent reqmnt

-Flexible consumption for different MRP elements (BADI)

-No Allocation

I think I will test with first option..Not sure if we really need to maintain it with requirement type BSF.

reg

Sunny

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Kiran,

Although I couldn't make it work, but you were a good support.

regards

Sunny