cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multiple Hierarchies Question

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Can you please help me out with the following question?

I am working with 2 hierarchies as shown in the following screenshot.

Why am I getting members belonging to Hierarchy H2 in Hierarchy view for H1 and members belonging to Hierarchy H1 in the Hierarchy view for H2? (screenshots below)

For example: member "Marketing" is not relevant for H1 and is only relevant for H2. How can I prevent "Marketing" from appearing in the hierarchical view of H1?

How can I only show Super parent member "AllArea" in hierarchical view for H1 and "AllFunc" in hierarchical view for H2?

Thanks,

Sincerely,

Flo Rida

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member186338
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Flo,

This is the correct behavior - with hierarchy view you will see hierarchy selected and members belonging to other hierarchy as root base members.

In the Member selector dialog you will see all hierarchies simultaneously.

Vadim

P.S. If for some hierarchy the member has empty parent - then it's root base

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Flo,

Your hierarchy looks perfect to me, in H1, it shows the top node of H1 which is AllArea, the other members you see in the list are those members that is not part of your H1, which is sitting outside of you H1 hierarchy, same applies to H2.

Andy

Shrikant_Jadhav
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Flo,

It is like this only, Let's consider you H1 hierarchy, you have not assigned any parent to "AllFun, Marketing, Sales" , but they are part of H1, so it will show like what you see right now.

Same logic for H2.

Shrikant

Former Member
0 Kudos

Have you tried processing the dimension one more time and see if that fixes?  Also, I believe you must maintain all the member values in CAPS.  I believe in BPC 10 you must maintain member values  in CAPS. I see you have maintained it in both small letter and CAPS.  Hope this fixes your issue.

Jay

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jay,

I changed the member id's to CAPS and processed the dimension again but the same result.

Sincerely,

Flo Rida

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,  I tested it as well, and I am having the same issue.  I faintly remember encountering this issue, but didn't pay much attention.  I tried searching SDN/SMP and couldn't find any thing on it.. Sorry, hope someone will shed light on this issue..  Jay