Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot download WSDL from the URL directly

ambuja_prabhudessai
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

When we want to integrate C4C with any external system and exchange data between the 2 systems, we create a C4C WSDL and send it to the external party.

Cant't we just give the WSDL url to the third party and let them do the WSDL downloading part? Why should the WSDL be always be downloaded from the communication arrangement and sent to the external party separately?

Also, if we type the WSDL url in any browser, it just shows a blank page. Is this the expected behavior or is there some fault?

Actually it should have shown the whole XML format but it gives a blank page.

Please share any info available on this.

Thanks,

Ambuja

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

0 Kudos

- shouldn't this go in Ideaplace so we can track and get this on the backlog?

0 Kudos

Hi Ginger:
We do have a WSIL end-point (https://myNNNNNN.crm.ondemand.com/sap/ap/srt/wsil?saml2=disabled) which gives a catalog of all SOAP services (and the corresponding WSDL locations) that are activated in a given tenant.

Best regards

Venki

Former Member
0 Kudos

Very nice! Thanx!

0 Kudos

AWESOME! - thank you!!

pushkar_ranjan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Please file it as an idea in idea management as appropriate in this matter. Thank you.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

This should be like this. It seems SAP has deactivated this function.

It return the blank screen.

Regards,

Jannus Botha

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I found a wsdl URL, which shows the services. However, I cant consume it and it looks differently from the file I downloaded from SDK.

https://myxxxxxx.crm.ondemand.com/sap/bc/srt/wsdl/sdef_YYyyyyyyyyyy_PRICECONFIGURATION/wsdl11/ws_pol...

xxxxxx: placeholder.

Could you try to get the wsdl file and consume it. I don't have much experience with web services I cant tell what is wrong with the URL.

Cheers

Linh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Linh,

What I would suggest is not to consume it using the URL. Reason being I see that is not using the normal endpoint that is in the WSDL when generated.

These WSDL are generated with certain policies and bindings. So would really suggest that you use the WSDL and not try and retrieve the entire structure using the URL.

Is there a reason why you want to generate from the URL? Your knowledge is looking good so far.

Regards,

Jannus Botha

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Botha,

thanks a lot for your explanation.

Some services require URL such as SAP data service for data cleansing purpose.

Another example is adobe interactive form because of the authentication.

In both cases, the URL I declared faced the policy problems as you mentioned.

Then I tested with SOAPUI and it could not find any services, perhaps as you explained because of the structural differences.

Best regards

Linh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Linh,

I also faced the policy problems with a WSDL we got. What I did was delete where it was referencing the policy in WSDL and reimported. This should solve the policy issue.

Would suggest have a look on your Communication Arrangement on C4C for the services that have been configured.

Copy them and try and read them from your applications.

Please see screenshot below.

Regards,

Jannus Botha

Former Member
0 Kudos

This is a great idea. Thanks a lot Jannus

Best

Linh

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have the same question.