cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help with "Create Procedure" error

sap_cohort
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi, Can anyone tell me what's wrong with my sqlscript?  I have an sqlscript trying to create a procedure and I keep getting an error.  I am signed in as SYSTEM.  I did not find anything online to help exactly.  Thanks for any help with this.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

patrickbachmann
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Kenneth,

I think you are stumbling with the same problem I first experienced when first writing HANA scripts.  There are two ways to write scripts.  It looks like you are doing this within HANA Modeler perspective and you are right-clicking a package and then choosing CREATE PROCEDURE.  Well there are two ways to create procedures. Supposedly this way is limited and you can't do all the declarations etc that you are trying to do.  What you need to do is goto SAP HANA DEVELOPMENT perspective, setup a repository, setup a project and then create your procedure here.  My understanding is this is the new way to create procedures and that we should no longer create procedures the old way via Modeler perspective.  I believe it was Thomas Jung who told me this.  If you do a quick search for Thomas Jung and HANA procedures you will probably find a good tutorial on this. 

-Patrick

patrickbachmann
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

PS: The way you're writing this procedure, the inputs and outputs are setup on the right side of your screen in the two panes.  You don't declare them by typing them in this manner.  This way still works using the panes although I was told not to use it like I said but you can still experiment with it.  The new way using procedure editor you will be able to type those IN and OUT declarations like you are attempting to do.

sap_cohort
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Awesome, Awesome...  Thanks for the direction!  I have done it before both ways as you have mentioned but for some reason I was fixated on doing it through the modeler...  My bad.

Thanks again

patrickbachmann
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Glad to help!  And it's easy for people to get confused too as it's not entirely clear. 

Answers (0)