cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Removing reviewers (inactive approver role) after workflow

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

We want to remove the approvers added by the workflow engine at the end of the workflow (with inactive approver roles).

Our workflow definitions have inactive approver role set as 'Reviewer'. At the end of the workflow, the added approvers are changed to 'Reviewers' by the workflow engine.

However, our document security template has these users added through a group already when the documents are created and are also set with 'Do not send notifications' as TRUE. When now the workflow adds the individual users from this group and sets them as reviewers, it leaves the 'Do not send notifications' as FALSE. So the system starts sending notifications to these users about the agreement which is undesirable.

In order to avoid this, I am trying to either set the flag for notifications on the reviewers as false or remove the workflow added collaborators altogether by identifying the source as workflow.

The problem I am facing is the scripting context where I can do this. I tried it on 'Loaded' but they only disappear from the UI and are not persisted. If I attempt to code a 'save' on the loaded event after upgrading to edit, the load fails with a stack overflow error on method invocation of save. I tried to move the code to saved and validated events and it works but it is too late to avoid any notifications before a document is changed and saved.

Is there any way I can upgrade a document to edit and save in the 'Loaded' event of master agreements? If not, what is the best place to code this? When does the workflow engine change the approvers to reviewers? Can this be done in the XPDL itself somehow?

We are on 7.0 and do not have explicitly called scripting context.

Inputs appreciated.

Regards,

Subhasini

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

0 Kudos

Hi Subhasini,

If you don't want email notifications for any Reviewer collaborator role, you could go to the Collaborator Role Definition (Setup > Document Setup tab) and edit the Reviewer Collaborator Role Definition and uncheck Do Not Send Collaborator Alerts or Notices checkbox.

Regards,

Vikram

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vikram,

Thanks for that tip.

We want to be able to have normal reviewers added by users as not silent and workflow added reviewers as silent.

I used your tip and created another collaborator role definition 'Reviewer with notifications' to use for normal reviewers and turned the inactive approver role 'Reviewer' as silent per your tip.

However, we still do not want to see repetitive entries in the collaborator table. So I have deleted the entries added by workflow on the loaded event knowing well that it would not get persisted.

Please do let me know if there is anyway I can persist my changes during a loaded event.

Thanks & Regards,

Subhasini

0 Kudos

Hi Subhasini,

How about this...

Since you have already created a separate collaborator role definition you could add the Reviewer role(with notifications turned off) as the Inactive Approver Role in the Workflow Definition.

Regards,

Vikram

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vikram,

Yes I really liked that idea and have done it.

The only issue now is not being able to persist the deletion of collaborator entries on the 'POST_FIND' event of master agreements.

Regards,

Subhasini

Answers (0)