cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Modify a Virtual Provider based on Hana Model

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have created a virtual provider based on a Hana Model, we did some tests and generated a new  Hana Model to fix some issues,  therefore I need to reassign  my virtual provider to assign the new model. I have looked for information on how to do it, but I have not been able to modify it. I dont want to recreate all the configuration and dependent objects from the original virtual provider, so If someone has faced the same issue it would be great to hear the solution.

Thanks and Regards

Juan Carlos

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

sachin_kulshrestha2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Juan,

When you reassign the new Hana model to the virtual provider the reassignment of the field will not change from the old one assigned to the info object. So the trick is if you keep the name of the field same this should not be a issue.

Hope this helps!!!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your help Sachin, unfortunately I have not been able to reassign the model, that is the issue I have.

sachin_kulshrestha2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Juan,

You will need to reselect the HANA model to any changes to take effect. You can do so by

Clicking on Change on Multiprovider

Go Extra -> Information(log/status?

Select Type and attributes

Click on the Details below the radio button of Based on HANA Model

and reselect the model.

This will bring in the changes that has been done. When you do this check you reassigned fields. Fields which has been already assigned will not change and you will have to adjust them manually

Hope this helps further!!!!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sachin,

This was very helpful and correct! Thanks Points assigned!

Answers (0)