cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Delivery confirmation with EWM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello SCN,

I'm currently in the process of designing and planning a major upgrade to our warehouse infrastructure and management system. We are currently running an SAP WM module (for warehouse management duties), in conjunction with an SAP IM module (for consumption and tracking of the goods, once delivered from the warehouse).

The upgrade of our current system will see the introduction of both barcoding and RFID technologies. One requirement of the proposed system will be to confirm the delivery (time and location) of a given pallet/container/good. In our current environment, the lack of standard integration between our WM and IM environments has made this almost impossible, without considerable customisation.

My question is this: with an SAP EWM platform, can the confirmation of a successful warehouse delivery be extended to the point of delivery, as opposed to the point of despatch from the warehouse?

Any clarification here would be much appreciated.

Many thanks,

Jamie

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Jamie,

EWM delivery document works with Dates/Times from customizable table /SCDL/TDTTYPE, basic EWM system provides 25 basic Date/Time types.

Into the delivery document you may assign as many Date/Times as you need. Furthermore you can define them as Planned or Actual. They appear as sub-item table to the delivery header.

Delivery split is also supported in case Date/Times differ for delivery items.

Regards,

Petr

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Petr,

Thank you very much for your response!

Given that the Date/Time entries can be customised, would I then be able to make the final Date/Time entry for a given delivery document be a barcode scan of the delivery destination?

I'm trying to determine whether the Date/Time entries can include additional data, such as location.

Thanks again!

Jamie

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

the data model does not allow to enter site (destination point) directly into the Date/Time information. However in standard EWM delivery you may maintain Site (Supply-Chain-Unit) in the same fashion as you maintain Date/Times. Locations are a sub-table to delivery header.

That means you may assign a partner role to your destination site and then maintain Date/Time type of delivery to whatever destination point.

Does this meet your requirement?

Regards,

Petr

Former Member
0 Kudos

I think that just about answers my question, thanks Petr!

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member193471
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Can you elaborate a bit below statement.

can the confirmation of a successful warehouse delivery be extended to the point of delivery?

Regards,

Sathish