cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Crystal Reports 12.0.0.683 null tooltip causes printer error?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am using Crystal Reports with a C# WPF app to print formatted guest information.  Every time the guest changes, I set some parameter values on the document reset the ReportSource to the newly refreshed document, and print it out.

The problem is that randomly, after anywhere from 4 to 30 printings, I get these errors:

System.Windows.Data Error: 5 : Value produced by BindingExpression is not valid for target property.; Value='<null>' BindingExpression:Path=ToolTip; DataItem='Button' (Name=''); target element is 'Button' (Name=''); target property is 'Name' (type 'String')

System.Windows.Data Error: 2 : Cannot find governing FrameworkElement or FrameworkContentElement for target element. BindingExpression:Path=.; DataItem=null; target element is 'ImageBrush' (HashCode=44779572); target property is 'ImageSource' (type 'ImageSource')

System.Windows.Data Error: 5 : Value produced by BindingExpression is not valid for target property.; Value='<null>' BindingExpression:Path=Header; DataItem='TreeViewItem' (Name=''); target element is 'TreeViewItem' (Name=''); target property is 'Name' (type 'String')

Though these errors are reported in the debug stream, they don't halt the program.  The strange thing is that directly afterward, the printer reports that it is out of paper even though it is not.  Pressing the printer's continue button fixes the issue, but the printer is locked away in a cabinet and requires an employee to intercede.

I've found a similar problem in the forum ( which has a workaround that I'm happy to use, but it is with a later version which I can't switch to, and the object model seems to have changed.

Any help for me?  Thanks in advance.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member183750
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Michael

I find this rather confusing, when taken together with the title of this Discussion:

I've found a similar problem in the forum (WPF Viewer 13.0.4 to 13.0.5 Differences ), which has a workaround that I'm happy to use, but it is with a later version which I can't switch to, and the object model seems to have changed.

CR 2008, did not have a WPF viewer. That viewer was introduced in "SAP Crystal Reports, Developer Version for Visual Studio .NET" (v. 13.x). So the 1st two questions I'd have:

What is the version of the CR assemblies you are referencing?

What is the version of the crpe32.dll?

- Ludek

Senior Support Engineer AGS Product Support, Global Support Center Canada

Follow us on Twitter

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your reply.

Well, I'll be snookered.  The version of both is 13.0.12.1494, but the report itself was created in version 12.0.0.683.  Still, the workaround  refers to objects such as DocumentView and ViewerCore which I can't find.  Am I not referencing the correct collections in my using statements?  I have:

CrystalDecisions.CrystalReports.Engine;

CrystalDecisions.ReportSource;

CrystalDecisions.Shared;

-Mike.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I think I've found my own answer.  One needs to use

SAPBusinessObjects.WPF.Viewer to get access to the proper objects.

former_member183750
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Michael

Yeah, looks like you are well on your way. As a by the by, the version od CR the report was created in is inconsequential as far as the runtime is concerned (unless the report is pre v. 8.5 or so, and even than it often works just fine).

Also, see the following re. WPF projects.

New Crystal Reports for Visual Studio 2010 WPF ... | SCN

And therre is bunches more info on WPF - just use the search box - top right corner.

Oh, Dev Help Files:

SAP Crystal Reports .NET SDK Developer Guide

SAP Crystal Reports .NET API Guide

- Ludek

Senior Support Engineer AGS Product Support, Global Support Center Canada

Follow us on Twitter

Answers (0)