cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can we display PM Equipment Notifications in POD?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

We have a requirement to display PM notifications tied to an Equipment in ERP to the operator. Is it possible to integrate these PM Equipment Notifications with SAP ME and display in a POD? If so, can you please point me to a document/how-to-guide on this process?

Thanks,

Venkat

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member182330
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

It's possible, but it's not available out of the box. If ERP(PM) notification can be sent as IDOC - send it to MII and implement a processing rule to trigger Alarm creation API in ME. After the alarm is created - it can be displayed to an operator in POD via Real-Time Message Display framework.

Regards,
Konstantin Chernega

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Konstantin,

Thanks for the quick response! We will explore the options you have suggested above.

Actually we need to display special instructions or some safety related instructions to the operator who is operating the Tool or Resource. These instructions could be valid for some specific period and the user should be able to close them. We were wondering if there is an option to use SAP ME Messaging functionality for this purpose i.e. if we can create Tool/Resource specific message which would be available in POD untill it is closed.

Thanks for the Help

Venkat

sergiy_katerinich
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Venkat,

Actually your request sounds similar to importing Work Instructions (WI) from ERP which can be viewed by WI Viewer in POD of SAP ME. For more details, please consult these sources:

SAP Library - SAP Manufacturing Execution (SAP ME)

SAP Library - SAP Manufacturing Execution (SAP ME)

WI How-To Guide

Regards,

Sergiy

Answers (0)