Skip to Content

Archived discussions are read-only. Learn more about SAP Q&A

GRC 10 Support Package Upgrade Manual Notes

Hello

During a support pack upgrade, does anyone know how manual notes are incorporated? We just upgraded GRC 10 from support pack 10 to 16. After upgrade we noticed an issue where GRC access requests could not be forwarded. We then identified a manual note from SP13 that needed to be applied. We assumed that any manual notes from previous support packs would be included in the updated code when we upgraded to support pack 16.

Our concern is if there are other manual notes that were not applied during the upgrade. Should we feel confident most notes are applied and only address them as they come up? Or should we try to identify all the manual notes from SP 11 to SP 16 and determine if they have been completed?

Tags:
Former Member
Former Member replied

Hi Stacey,

From experience, many administrators have an expectation that once you upgrade a full support pack, all the notes should automatically be applied and no manual intervention is required.

However, as you have right fully pointed out, some notes (more recently compared to previous GRC incarnations) do indeed require manual implementation, but worth pointing out there are not that many. I have also found that some manual implementations are also dependant on which NW version the GRC system is based on.

My advice would be to perform a base functionality test on GRC AC once any pack is implemented and then where an issue is identified, identify the manual fix (or even a new note!) to resolve the issue.

As of late, I know a few guys have been just implementing SAP notes individually as per requirement, as opposed to regular SAP Support Pack updates as a safety measure, i.e. they do not want to introduce new bugs into a stable operating GRC tool. 

I am sure everyone comes up with a sensible and suitable maintenance strategy that suits their company's needs.

1 View this answer in context
Not what you were looking for? Ask a question