Skip to Content

Archived discussions are read-only. Learn more about SAP Q&A

Expense Approval Process - Direct Approvers

Hi Experts,

I have a situation whereby we have created an approval rule, by using the Direct Approval option. That all expenses created by the CEO will need to be forward to a CFO for approval. However when the CFO approves the expense, the document is routed back to the CEO for approval. This is happening because the Org Structure, the CFO has a reporting line to the CEO. Is there a way in this situation the Org structure is ignored. Keeping in mind if a CFO creates an expense report, the CEO will be notified to approval the expense report.

Below is a picture of the rule I'm using

I have also configured the system whereby managers cannot self approve there own expense it must be approved by a higher line manager as defined by the Org structure.

Any advice will be appreciated. Thanks

Antonio

Former Member
Former Member replied

Hi Antonio,

I see that you are maintaining multi-step approval process here as per your screenshot, MSA process is only supported in SAP Cloud for Travel & Expenses & due to technical reasons it is visible however it is not officially released.

There should be only one step

The work distribution is Approver of highest cost ( or ) line manager of employee

The condition has to be expense report Approval Configuration Equal to Yes.

Once the conditions are defined in the above manner and check how the approval process & after that if you find any discrepancy post a thread or report an incident.

Thanks

Lokesh Sharma

0 View this answer in context

Helpful Answer

by
Not what you were looking for? View more on this topic or Ask a question