cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Expense Approval Process - Direct Approvers

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I have a situation whereby we have created an approval rule, by using the Direct Approval option. That all expenses created by the CEO will need to be forward to a CFO for approval. However when the CFO approves the expense, the document is routed back to the CEO for approval. This is happening because the Org Structure, the CFO has a reporting line to the CEO. Is there a way in this situation the Org structure is ignored. Keeping in mind if a CFO creates an expense report, the CEO will be notified to approval the expense report.

Below is a picture of the rule I'm using

I have also configured the system whereby managers cannot self approve there own expense it must be approved by a higher line manager as defined by the Org structure.

Any advice will be appreciated. Thanks

Antonio

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Antonio,

I see that you are maintaining multi-step approval process here as per your screenshot, MSA process is only supported in SAP Cloud for Travel & Expenses & due to technical reasons it is visible however it is not officially released.

There should be only one step

The work distribution is Approver of highest cost ( or ) line manager of employee

The condition has to be expense report Approval Configuration Equal to Yes.

Once the conditions are defined in the above manner and check how the approval process & after that if you find any discrepancy post a thread or report an incident.

Thanks

Lokesh Sharma

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Antonio,

You said you have also "configured the system whereby managers cannot self approve there own expense".

Can you please tell me how you did those configurations? In frontend or via PDI ?

Thank you!

HarshalVakil
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Aichimoaie,

You could find this option under,

Application and user management work center -> Approval process View

Edit the approval process for the Business documents as : Expense reports

In the filed, work distribution dropw down list, you will find these options.

However as mentioned by earlier, we do not support this feature for the Business Bydesign product,

Feature is only available for the SAP Cloud for travel product and should not be used for the Bydesign.

Please find the details for the same in Case document : 2014502 - Multi-Step Approval Of Expense Report Is Not Released for Business ByDesign

Regards,

Harshal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you very much Harshal for your fast answer!

If you have some time and patience, I really need help on the approval process...

I'm using ByDesign and we need to create an approval process for Supplier, to check bank data.

I already done this via pdi, creating this process.

When the button SubmitForApproval is pressed, the approver checks data and use the Approve or Reject button. This works normally, as it should.

My problem is that the user should be able to make any change to Supplier data (like bank data), and then press the button SubmitForApproval again. But this is not possible, because all the buttons are disabled

Can you please give me some advice here?

Thank you very much,

Carmen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Carmen

Within fune tuning go to business task management for expense.

However as Harshal has mentioned the ByDesign does not support multi-step approval.

Good luck

HarshalVakil
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Carmen,

When SubmitForApproval is clicked, will it create task? and from this task, approver will access the Supplier master data screen only. Right?

I am not sure, But to me it looks like the issue with the PDI solution.

May be screen is accessed in the read only mode. not sure though.

Cannot help you much as I don't have much knowledge on the PDI solutions and all.

Regards,

Harshal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes, it seems that once the approval process is triggered, the button Submit For Approval is disabled. Only a Revision task will re-enabled it... this looks like a workaround and I must try it

Thank you and best regards,

Carmen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you for explanation and the screenshot

Hope good luck will be!

Best regards,

Carmen