Skip to Content

Archived discussions are read-only. Learn more about SAP Q&A

OLAP to OLAP RRI?

I've been trying in vain to get an OLAP to OLAP RRI to work, the closest I've gotten is using RSBBS & Open Document to pass from one report to another.  This almost works, but I see no way to have it dynamically pass whatever criteria I have selected at the time.  IE I want it to pass Brand: X & Material: Y, because when I right-clicked I was on Brand X and Material Y.  At the moment I can only get it to open and pass if I hardcode those values in and pass them into the Receiver Variables.  Is there a way to make this dynamic?

The other way that again has almost worked is I've passed using RSBBS and configuring it as a BW Query, this works brilliantly!!! Except it doesn't! lol  I get this message below:

As you can see it passes everything fine directly into the query, yet I get this bizarre message which I haven't found anything out about.  The closest I came is to this bug fix in 4.1 SP3 (We are only 4.1 SP2):

ADAPT01710806

Description:

Report-Report Interface targets in the Go To list may fail to load. This problem occurs when the Analysis data

source is an SAP BW query using a message server connection, or when the RRI target is an SAP BW query that

has prompts.

New Behavior:

This problem is resolved.

If I go to 4.1 SP3 should this fix my issue so that Option 2 works?  Thanks for any insight you can give!

P.S.  Ok after typing all this out I removed ALL prompts from the Receiver Query (Per SP3 patch notes) and it appears to work fine!  So I'm going to leave this here in case anyone else has this issue, and possibly comment on Option 1 (RSBBS & Open Document).

Former Member

Helpful Answer

by
Not what you were looking for? View more on this topic or Ask a question