Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Portfolio Items and Portfolio item template not getting created

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

While creating portfolio structure, I am facing below two issues -

1) Portfolio item is not getting created under the bucket. Below Error is appearing while creating Portfolio item -

'Mapping between Item Type and Portfolio Type is not defined'.

I have maintained the mapping of Portfolio type & item type correctly under below path however I am still getting error -

SAP Portfolio & Project Management - Portfolio Management - Portfolio-Dependent settings - Define Portfolio Type - Assign Item type

2) I could not create portfolio item template because  even though I have configured Item type it is not appearing in drop down and hence could not be selected.

Request help in this case..

Thanks,

Sudhir Kesarkar

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Chatsworth,

I could able to create Portfolio item and template. I was mistakenly creating portfolio item under standard portfolio. When I have created by own Portfolio, Bucket I could able to create portfolio item underneath the bucket.

However the issue I am facing now is that as per standard Project should be created whenever we create and save the portfolio. However in my case project is not getting created.

Can you provide any inputs on that...

Thanks,

Sudhir Kesarkar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Sudhir,

You also need to maintain Global setting under Portfolio Management --> Global Customising -> Global Settings --> Override default global settings

Here you need to specify for AREA 0007 and NAME 0032 that Items must be filtered according to Portfolio Type

This will resolve your issue. Please confirm

Regards

Chatsworth