0 Kudos

Hello:

My BPC architecture is like this:

DEV

• Enviroment 1: PPTO
  • Environment 2: BACKUP_PPTO

PRD:

• Environment 1: PPTO

What I need to do is replace PPTO in DEV system for BACKUP_PPTO. I will erase the PPTO and then copy BACKUP_PPTO using the original name PPTO.

Do this will affect transports to PRD system after replacing it, even if I use the same name?

Thanks in advance.

Luciana

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Luciana,

Is your current Prod PPTO transported from Dev PPTO?

Once you restored your backup_ppto into ppto, are you going to transport to Prod again?

I would assume current Dev and Prod have the same technical name, if you restore backup_ppto into ppto it won't have the same technical name anymore.

Andy

former_member266029
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Andy:

Yes, Prod PPTO is transported from Dev PPTO.

Once I restored backup_ppto into ppto, I will transport to Prod again.

Is there a problem if technical names are different?

Thanks.

Luciana

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Luciana,

Ok, then it will work.

Maybe you need to send a deletion transport into prod first to delete the PPTO in prod.

then do the delete in Dev, then restore in Dev, then transport to Prod with the latest version.

Andy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

There is an option in UJBR to keep technical names the same. This way you should not have any issues with changing technical names.

To make sure the environment you are restoring is completely deleted, you should also run UJS_ACTIVATE_CONTENT with only the clean option selected. This will ensure that all information regarding the model is deleted prior to restoring the backup.

With kind regards,

Tim

Answers (0)