cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

sbgrfcconf ->Schedule application server

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

We are observing very high response time for BGRFC scheduler in ST03 and we observed that this scheduler runs on all servers including batch/rfc and dialog servers.

I am checking for options to restrict to only to run the schedulers on RFC servers.

in bgrfcconf-> Schedule application server  tab->  we have default entry  and I am not getting option  to delete it . I am able to add new servers but cannot delete the Default Entry.

Please suggest how to make the scheduler to run only on some app servers not on all .

we are on  SAP BASIS 741-patch 04 I am not able to find any snotes for high response time for  BGRFC scheduler, please suggest are there any steps we  need  analyze to fix the long run.

Thanks,

Subhash.G

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

phani_sapbasis
Explorer
0 Kudos

Subhash,

Please check below link

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70/helpdata/en/44/fe68a0c32e41e0e10000000a1553f6/content.htm?frameset=...

Number of Schedulers

(Number of outbound or inbound schedulers per application server)

Number of inbound schedulers (per application server). A large number of schedulers can help a system to process more queries in parallel if the system load is heavy. However, if the system load is light, too many schedulers will block each other and reduce throughput.

At least three dialog work processes must be available on each application server where a scheduler is to be started. Another dialog work process must be made available for each further scheduler. No scheduler can be started on application servers with fewer than three dialog work processes. Make sure that both inbound and outbound schedulers have enough dialog work processes.

The values have the following meanings:

o  -1: The number of schedulers is determined by the load (default).

o  0: Application server/destination is locked for bgRFC.

o  > 0: Maximum number of running schedulers for application server/destination.

• Default value: -1
  • Value range: >= -1,  0 = locked

If you set Number of schedulers to 0 , BGRFC scheduler wont use that App Server

./Phani