Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Heterogeneous System Copy ERP 6.0 NW 7.0

gsantana
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi all,

Im trying to do a heterogeneous system copy of my development system runing on hpux 11.11 on pa-risc/oracle 10g no unicode, to Linux RedHat/oracle 11gno unicode, my actual system do not have any support release (Ex: SR1, SR2, SR3), when im using SPWM (Software Provisioning Manager) is only showing options to SAP NW 7.0 with Support Release, I think i cant do it using SPWM.

What is the best way to do it?

Regards,

Geyson..

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Sriram2009
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Geyson

You can refer the Heterogeneous system copy guide from http://service.sap.com/guidefinder (Select the source system OS / DB & then target same way). On your source you may require to use your old SAPINST method(Without SWPM) and the target system you can use the SWPM.

BR

SS

gsantana
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Siriam,

Thanks for your prompt answer, when i use SWPM on target system i can install it or import it and upgrade it at the same time to NW 7.0 SR3 or newer version?

Regards

Geyson,

Sriram2009
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

You have carryout two phases.

1.  On the target using SWPM you perform the import of exiting system with Unicode conversion.

2. After completion of System import in the target. you can perform the upgrade based on your requirement.Before that Kindly check the PAM

BR

SS

Answers (0)