cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rule in PE51

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Can someone please help me in understanding the Rule below. I am not able to get any clue on this..

Regards

Mohinder

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

If anybody can help me here

Niladri_B_Nayak
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Mohinder,

Thanks for posting the query in SCN Forum

Basically, In HR Forms, (T-Code PE51) , A rule controls the selection of information.

For example, you can specify that particular information (say Birth day Wish) is only printed if its value meets a specific value(Employee 's Birth day is 8th Jan, then in Jan month payslip for that employee Birthday wish will be populated ), or that different information is printed under particular conditions.

If a rule is assigned to a piece of variable information, the system checks whether the condition defined in the IF component is met when the form is created. There are two possible outcomes:

(i ) Condition is fulfilled:

In this case, the THEN component is processed first. This means the replacement value stored there is taken into account. The subsequent component is then interpreted.

(ii) Condition is not fulfilled:

In this case, the subsequent component is interpreted immediately.

If several rule lines must be processed for a rule, the substitute values stored in the accompanying THEN component are taken into account for each condition met. To make sure that the substitute values for several filled conditions do not overlap, you must select the substitute values accordingly.

If the specified condition is not met in any rule line, the information assigned to the rule is not printed on the form.

However, writing these rules don't impact your payroll results table such as RT/CRT level . These are meant for display purpose only in payslip.

Please don't get confused with PCR rules written via PE02 and rules in PE51.

Rules written in PCR has an impact in your Payroll results table

Hope it helps

In case of any further queries let us know ..

Regards,

Niladri

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Niladri..

But buddy I am looking for someone who can explain me the above rule..

former_member353481
Participant
0 Kudos

Hey Mohinder,

What country grouping is this form in and which rule (1-9) are you not understanding? All of them?

Thomas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Thomas,

Country is Ireland. Can you please explain few lines from the above screenshot. I am not getting anything on this..

Regards

Mohinder

former_member353481
Participant
0 Kudos

Basically, a rule is called from a single field or line layout in a form (look under subobjects on pe51 screen) . What a rule does is compare a field from a table to a value you specify in column 'value 1'. If the field is true, then it populates the field on the form with the value specified in columns 'table' and 'new value'.

For example, rule #2 is comparing FPBEG in table XRT to 'EVP-BEGDA' (which is  pay period begin date) and if they are equal, the field will be left blank (because nothing specified in 'value' column) or if they're not equal, then the field will populated with constant 'P'. This is why rule #2 has 2 parts.

You'll see that there are no values in column offset and comp.length and these fields are only used if you want to compare certain chars in the string. If you want to use a constant in 'value 1', you use a ' char before the value which is what you see in rules 6-8 in your screen-print. The column 'value 2' gets used only if the operator is BE but it's rarely used. The last 3 columns are basically just telling the rule where to print and how to print. Click F1 to open system help window, the explanation is quite easy to understand so you shouldn't have a problem.

Regards,

Thomas