cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

" Does SAP IT Service desk integration with BMC Remedy"

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I need your inputs for the below mentioned scenario.

Currently My Client is using BMC Remedy as a Ticketing tool, We are planning to integrate "Remedy" with " SAP Solution manager service desk tool".

Does integration of "Remedy tool" with SAP Solution Manager Service Desk, involves some Additional license Cost?

Any one who has implemented this scenario in there client place, could please brief me out the challenges they faced.

Thank you !!

Regards

Faraz

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

divyanshu_srivastava3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Faraz,

I came across one 3rd party solution and would like you to check in depth. This is ARSXLink 2.1 – Remedy Integration Suite. However, I read somewhere that this solution is certified and cost based.

Regards,

former_member204080
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Faraz,

You can Perform the integration using two middlewares

1.SAP Solman ->SAP PI->BMC remedy

2.SAP Solman ->SPP(Service productivity platform,i guess this was previously called ARS)->BMC remedy

I think there is no additional cost/license required for solman and PI as they have the integration features embedded .For SPP you need to approach the vendors

Regards,

Murali

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Faraz,

We have done this implementation a couple of times for different customers.

You can also use a direct connection between SAP Solution Manager and BMC Remedy.

For this in both systems the same webservices proxy must be created.

For SAP side you will find the standard webservice informations in the already provided API documents.

The benefit is that you / the customer only has one time costs for the development of the customer tailored solution.

Best Regards,

Philipp

former_member191441
Participant
0 Kudos

Your scenario is not very detailed, and a bit more detail need to be given to help you.

How will your integration work.

-Remedy incident to Solman incident or Solman incident to Remedy incident or Both ways.

-Remedy incident/RFC to Solman Change process

What do you try to achieve with your Integration? please eloborate, as then maybe I can be more spicific if I understand your requirments.

--

Solman - Arsxlink - BMC Remedy - will add additional costs.

Mansystems (Arsxlink) do work nicely from what I seen in Demo, but be mindfull that it is rather expensive solution.

Solman -. SAP PI -> BMC remedy, will not add additional cost licences.

--

Our process

Remedy was elected the sole system for call logging purposes (previously it was CRM).

In our case a huge number of calls were logged via SAP Help > Create support message and therefore we wanted to keep this call logging mechanism and therefore we were forced to replicate the Solution manager incidents to Remedy. Remedy then have to give back the Remedy incicent number to Solution manager to update doc flow etc etc...

We opted for the following integration.

SAP  => Solution manager => PI => Remedy

process:

SAP and Soution manager = standard call logging functionality

Between Solution manger and PI and Remedy = Use webservices

Solution Manger have default webservices (via Soa manager) that can be changed to facilitate particular requirements.

here you ned to configure the service provider and the service consumer.

The advantage to use PI is of it monitoring capailities as well as it's Advanged adapter engine.

So yes it can be setup with webservices but need someone with good understanding of webservices..

You just need to have an ITSM7 (Remedy) guru as well as a PI guru on hand that can do the integration on the PI and Remedy side. This really made the process so much easier.

Look at this document

Service Desk 3rd party interface Web Serv API Whitepaper. the one below is for 7.0.

https://websmp107.sap-ag.de/~form/sapnet?_FRAME=CONTAINER&_OBJECT=011000358700000585002009E

this one is for 7.1

https://websmp206.sap-ag.de/~sapidb//011000358700000973332012D

former_member204080
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Johan,

Could you please provide more details on how Solman ->PI connectivity was established

Is there any document which you can provide to complete this setup

We have connectivtiy established from PI->SNOW but strugging to set the connection from solman->PI

How did you create external service desk in ICTCONF t-code

Regards,

Murali

former_member204080
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Johan,

Could you please help with establishing connectivity from solman to PI

Regards,

Murali

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Murali,

I would recommend that you open a new question rather than posting a different question on an existing thread.

Regards,

Graham