cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inconsistent planning results on Fridays and some random days

Former Member
0 Kudos

SNP is not considering the quota arrangements and transportation lanes on Fridays and some week days. Instead of sourcing from internal distibution center, SNP is creating external vendor requisitions. This happens for the first requisition. For example, if I have a requirement for 10 for product A on 01/20 and 20 on 1/30, SNP is creating the first requisition for 10 from an external source and 20 from an internal source whereas it should have created both from the internal source. Special procurement is 40 for the product A and it should source from an internal distribution center. Please provide any details if you have seen this issue in the past. We have the latest version of APO.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

0 Kudos

Hi Nair,

Try to reconcile the master data of Prod A with R3 system before executing the SNP heuristics.

Regards,

YRS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am not sure, if I understand the issue here! You are saying the sourcing should happen from a DC as per the external procurement  set for the product. Instead its sourcing from a vendor for the 1st requirement and later for every requirement, its sourcing from the DC (as per ex-proc) only.

This should not happen. What is your planning engine here? Optimizer?

Did you check the transportation duration/lead time from the DC? I mean is it possible to meet the demand on 20th Jan, while sourcing from the DC?

Also please check in ECC, if you have any source list maintained for the prod-location.

Thanks,

Satyajit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Satyajit, instead of sourcing from DC, SNP Heuristics is sourcing from the vendor. Special procurement key for the planning plant is set to 40, which means it has to source from the DC. As you said, instead of sourcing from the DC, the first requirement is being sourced from the vendor and sunsequent ones from the DC. Again this happens only on Fridays and some other days which is quite random. Checked both quota and TL's but we cant find any inconsistencies. Could this be locking issue during SNP heurstics run? Is there anything else that we could check? logs?

Former Member
0 Kudos

I dont think its a locking issue. If there is a lock during run-time, then it would take more time to complete the job or it could trigger a job failure, but never a wrong output.

By the way, do you have any quota base quantity or allocated quantity maintained for this product?Please check if it is the cause of this type of sourcing.

Did you see any source list maintained for this product-location in ECC?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Satyajit, the Quota arrangements looks good as well. There is one more that I just found out. The problem requisitions have the same start and end dates. These reqs always start on a day after the weekend or a holiday in the shipping calendar? Does that ring a bell? Is there a SNP sourcing issue or a date calculation error? Why is SNP creating external requisitions when the start and end dates are the same for requisitions that are created after a holiday?