Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

UWL configuration Issue

nishantbansal91
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

When we clicked on Re-Register button of UWL we are getting the below error.

Please check. All other configuration are Correct. ex. UWL_SERVICE user is created, Assigned roles to user.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

troy_cronin2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Nishant

I hope you are well and many thanks for using the SAP Discussion Forums .

Regarding the scenario and issue you have described kindly review the following SAP Note which offers both a comprehensive overview and a resolution:

- SAP Note: 1939438 - "User is missing credentials..." error while registering a
connector within UWL

Kindly update me as per your findings.

Kindly Regards

Troy Cronin - Enterprise Portal Support Engineer

nishantbansal91
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Troy,

Thanks for your valuable information.

We have checked all the roles and authorization for the login user. All the UWL related role in portal and Backend are configured.

As per mention in SAP note. We have found multiple entries in SMMS Tcode.

Please refer the below two screenshots.

Thanks and Regards,

Nishant Bansal

troy_cronin2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Nishant

Many thanks for the response and update and it is no problem at all I'm happy to help out.

Ok as per your screenshots you outlined above you need to follow the resolution steps included:

1. Adjust the portal system object so that it refers to the correct message
    server properties. 
  2. After adjusting the properties accordingly, in the system object given as an
    example, the Connector section would stay as it follows
  3. Once the Message Server and the Server Port  properties are set correctly, it will be possible to Register  the UWL connector without having the error:

So the other points to bear in mind here are to clear the UWL Cache and restart the UWL service after making the changes above.

** UWL Restart does not involve restarting the entire Portal **

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70ehp2/helpdata/en/f5/bb8b518b0b471d89d7d282e77105fb/frameset.htm

Now as per the note I provided the focus of the UWL follows the notion of the "UWL Destination Service Configuration".

- SAP Note: 1133821 - UWL Destination Service Configuration

Check that after applying Note 1133821 the destination names and the UWL connector names exactly match, even considering case-sensitiveness.If your portal system alias (=UWL connector name) is for example XYZCLNT100, then the rfc destination name should be exactly XYZCLNT100$WebFlowConnector. Please correct the rfc destination accordingly. (If Required)

After making such changes:

- Restart the portal cluster before retesting to see if the issue is still occuring.

Kindly update me as per your findings.

Kind Regards

Troy Cronin - Enterprise Portal Support Engineer

nishantbansal91
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Troy,

Our basis team has solved the issues and thanks for your valuable information.

I have one question that we need to do some configuration in UWL configuration in PROD system.

We didn't change any thing in SWFVISU Tcode. we have just changed in UWL Configuration files.

Shall we need to click on RE-Register button on PROD system.

Our current process that we planned in PROD is.

1.     Download the configuration file from QA to DESKTOP.

2.   Upload the same file using HIGH priority in PRD.

3.   Clear the cache.

Is this process is correct or we need to do some more activities.

Regards,

Nishant

former_member190358
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Nishant,

When you upload a new XML file with new configuration changes, you need to re-register that XML file. So yes, re-register would be needed.

Your process is current follow that however Don't forgot to take backup of XML file, so that you can upload that again, if anything goes wrong.

Regards,

Ravi Maheshwari

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nishant,
After you upload the configuration re-register the System and then clear the UWL Cache.That will work fine.

Regards
Ravi

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In portal check the system object SAP_ECC_HumanResource and its permissions. Your own user might not have permission to this object.

Regards,

Karri

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nishant,

Please check SAP_ECC_HumanResource system object connection in system landscape and also check the JCO connection for the webflow connector ping is successful or not.

BR

Amit