Syncronization TEST BO System with PROD BO System
We want to get all reports,folders from BO Production Sysem to BO Test System. I mean BO Prod and BO Test will be sychronized; same folders, same Webi reports , same dashboards
BI 4.1 SP4 Patch 1
Repository Database is Sybase .
I will do as below steps. If I was wrong please warn me. Also I hope that you can tell me best methods about syncronization.
1- Input and Output directories will be copied from BO Prod to BO Test server.
2- Database Repositories will be copied and pasted to BO Test Server. How can I find the repository files in BO Server. I don't know the Sybase. I know Oracle or MSSQL but not Sybase.
Can you help me, please?
I guess you are confusing synchronization with Data migration, however below steps would help you achieve the requirement.
- DB user credentials
- Default Administrator credentials
- Cluster Key
Step 1: BACKUP
In PROD and UAT
1. First take the backup of the CMS database
2. Take the copy backup of the Filestore
Step 2: MIGRATION
Now with the help of the Central Configuration manager, perform the Data migration between the environments
1. Create a DSN (Sql Anywhere) for Prod in UAT server, refer the DSN connections and settings in the prod for the same. Test the Prod DB connection, must return Success!
2. Open CCM, Stop the SIA
3. Go to the properties of the SIA >> Configuration tab
4. Click on Specify, now opt for the 2 option " Copy data from another Data source"
5. Provide the source connection , provide the destination connection along with the respective connection details.
Once the Migration finishes successfully, copy over the File store from the Source to the destination
Step 3: SIA registeration
1. Now once the SIA is pointed to this Database, first change the Cluster name of the system to UAT specifications
2. Click on Add SIA option in CCM
3. Choose the 4th option to recreate the SIA
4. Provide the Same SIA name, port, CMS port and credentials
5. Temporary CMS during this process is preferred
Once created now start the UAT system and configure the File store for the FRS if its on a share location.
Test if the reports work here.
**Once this is achieved, you can now use Promotion management for future migrations of data(s).
**For continuous replication and synchronization refer the Federation and Replication lists chapter in the BI 4.1 Admin guide from
SAP help portal: Analytics Knowledge Center