cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Syncronization TEST BO System with PROD BO System

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We want to get all reports,folders from BO Production Sysem to BO Test System. I mean BO Prod and BO Test will be sychronized; same folders, same Webi reports , same dashboards

BI 4.1 SP4 Patch 1

Repository Database is Sybase .

MS Server

I will do as below steps. If I was wrong please warn me. Also I hope that you can tell me best methods about syncronization.

1- Input and Output directories will be copied from BO Prod to BO Test server.

2- Database Repositories will be copied and pasted to BO Test Server. How can I find the repository files in BO Server. I don't know the Sybase. I know Oracle or MSSQL but not Sybase.

Can you help me, please?

Best Regards,

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

0 Kudos

Hi Tarumar,

I guess you are confusing synchronization with Data migration, however below steps would help you achieve the requirement.

Pre-requisite;

• DB user credentials
  • Default Administrator credentials
  • Cluster Key

Step 1: BACKUP

In PROD and UAT

1. First take the backup of the CMS database

2. Take the copy backup of the Filestore

Step 2: MIGRATION

Now with the help of the Central Configuration manager, perform the Data migration between the environments

1. Create a DSN (Sql Anywhere) for Prod in UAT server, refer the DSN connections and settings in the prod for the same. Test the Prod DB connection, must return Success!

2. Open CCM, Stop the SIA

3. Go to the properties of the SIA >> Configuration tab

4. Click on Specify, now opt for the 2 option " Copy data from another Data source"

5. Provide the source connection , provide the destination connection along with the respective connection details.

Once the Migration finishes successfully, copy over the File store from the Source to the destination

Step 3: SIA registeration

1. Now once the SIA is pointed to this Database, first change the Cluster name of the system to UAT specifications

2. Click on Add SIA option in CCM

3. Choose the 4th option to recreate the SIA

4. Provide the Same SIA name, port, CMS port and credentials

5. Temporary CMS during this process is preferred

Once created now start the UAT system and configure the File store for the FRS if its on a share location.

Test if the reports work here.

**Once this is achieved, you can now use Promotion management for future migrations of data(s).

**For continuous replication and synchronization refer the Federation and Replication lists chapter in the BI 4.1 Admin guide from

SAP help portal: Analytics Knowledge Center

Regards,

Guru

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Guru,

Thanks for your detail answer. I will practise steps you mentioned.

Thank you very much.

My Best Regards,

Tarumar,

Answers (0)