Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SU25 upgrade issue

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Gurus,

While Running the SU25 Step 2A we are getting below error please suggest :"Selection does not contain any data to be processe"

We checked there are SU24 Changes are in the system .

Thanks

Dheeraj

17 REPLIES 17

Former Member
0 Kudos

Please note that Step 2a compares the Profile Generator data from the previous Release

with the data from the current Release. New default values are written in the Profile Generator's customer tables. So, if you have executed Step 2a once, you may not get output again. SU24 changes will be there in the customer tables until you execute Step 2b, which commits the default values.

0 Kudos

I am totally agree with Debmalya.

, Step 2a =  It compares the data in USOBT and USOBX  table with customer managed data USOBT_C and USOBT_X

Step 2b =  manually compare the list of transactions where the list of SAP proposed check indicator and default values is different from the values maintained by us

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have the same problem, have you solved it?

I can not execute 2b because in 2a appear "Selection does not contain any data to be processe"

Regards,

0 Kudos

former_member298454
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Dheeraj,

If you have ever done the SU24 changes for tcodes that should processed through Step 2b.

Step 2a will copy the SAP default authorization of new version(Su22) to SU24 content for the tcodes which had not been modified at SU24 level and list out the associated roles.

Try checking the program SU2X_COMPARE_ROLES_WITH_DEFLTS to get the list of affected roles if step 2a doesn't show any.

refer thread

Thanks,Krishna

0 Kudos

Hi Victor,

I am also facing same issue, as you mentioned that solved with 440231, I could see so many notes there, please let me know which note help us to solve this issue? please suggest. thank you.

2A: Selection does not contain any data to be processe

2B: Terminated: Step 2 not yet executed in this release

2C: Terminated: Step 2 not yet executed in this release

Suresh

0 Kudos

thanks for your quick update, I was able to apply only 2201283 not other notes, now I can see different message when I ran 2A and this message make sense, "comparision with SU22 is already completed( last comparision by user  *****)"

but still I am not able to run 2B & 2C, getting below message.

2B: Terminated: Step 2 not yet executed in this release

2C: Terminated: Step 2 not yet executed in this release

I applied below notes.

systems current status: SAP EHP1 FOR SAP NETWEAVER 7.3. SAPKB73114 SAP Basis Component

please advise if there are any other notes to be inplement or action required.

thank you.

Suresh

0 Kudos

Hi Suresh,

I am also facing the same issue while running step 2a in Su25. Please let me know how did you solve this issue.

Thanks,

Vijay

0 Kudos

Hi Vijay,

this is the issue due to timestamp missing in upgrade, 2042284 note has to be implemented.

please implement the note and run again into the SU25

expert mode... create a list of applications (you should NOT mark the

checkbox "Only Respect Applications with... " ) to get a work list and

press the button "Status SU252a". Then you can continue with the work

in SU25 2c or PFCG.

Hope it helps to reslove your issue.

Thanks,

Suresh

0 Kudos

Suresh Bheesetti wrote:

Hi Vijay,

this is the issue due to timestamp missing in upgrade, 2042284 note has to be implemented.

please implement the note and run again into the SU25

expert mode... create a list of applications (you should NOT mark the

checkbox "Only Respect Applications with... " ) to get a work list and

press the button "Status SU252a". Then you can continue with the work

in SU25 2c or PFCG.

Hope it helps to reslove your issue.

Thanks,

Suresh

Attention! do that only, if you are sure, that 2a really has been executed succesfully already!

Hint: check timestamps of changes in usob._*-tables if they match your 2a run.

b.rgds, Bernhard

0 Kudos

Hi Bernhard/Suresh,

Thanks a lot for your suggestions.

We have implemented note  2201283 and run the 2A step again but got the same message

"Selection does not contain any data to be processe"

I have observed the customer tables USOBX_C and USOBT_C, around 75000 line items are updated with my userid as modifier but the timestamp is not updated for step 2a.

Please suggest if any other notes need to be implemented along with note 2042284.Please also suggest me the selections to choose for running SU25 in a expert mode.

Systems current status: SAP EHP1 FOR SAP NETWEAVER 7.3. SAPKB73114 SAP Basis Component.

Thanks,

Vijay A

+919979502349

0 Kudos

Hi Bernhard/Suresh,

Note 2042284 is not supported for my current SAP system landscape.

System current status: SAP EHP1 FOR SAP NETWEAVER 7.3. SAPKB73114 SAP Basis Component.

Could you please advise me if any other notes need to be implemented for solving this issue.

Thanks,

Vijay Akkaladevi.

0 Kudos

Hi,

follow below steps,

1)execute Su25

2) click on expert mode for step2

3) unselect the checkbox "Only Respect Applications with changed SU22 date"

4) press the button "Status SU252a". on top right corner. Then you can continue with the work with oher steps.

Hope it works. thanks!

Regards,

Suresh

0 Kudos

Hi Suresh,

Thanks for your reply.

I am first time running SU25 in expert mode. Could you please suggest me on below points

1)press the button "Status SU252a". on top right corner.

I  don't see any button SU252a in expert mode only execute button is available.

2) Do we need to select anything in the type of applications or keeping blank values only.

Really appreciate quick repesponse on this.

Thanks,

Vijay Akkaladevi.

+919979502349

0 Kudos

Hi,

the said button is available in the result screen only. So you must select something (no matter what) before to get the result screen, for instance:

type=transaction

transaction code=SU53 (or anything else)

remove the x from 'only with changed SU22 data' and set it for 'display appl. with identical su22/su24 data'.

then you will get a resutl screen for SU53.

The #set 2a status' button i son the very right in the button line on the top of the screen.

good luck.

Bernhard

0 Kudos

Thanks Bernhard and Suresh for your help!!

Issue got resolved. Really appreciate your help on this issue.

Thanks,

Vijay A