cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multiple Recipe (BOM) for a material

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In textile industry one process order passes to three department ( bleaching, dyeing & finishing).Each department will have a recipe (BOM) for chemicals.

The recipes are common and used in multiple materials. If i combine all 3 department BOM as single BOM then if there is any change in recipe (BOM) then in all materials BOM has to be changed. But if i keep separately then we can change exact recipe.

In standard is it possible to map this in SAP PP-PI? If so kindly guide me.

Regards / US

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

former_member209265
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Uma,

You have to do the change via BOM. Maintaining in recipe is not the solution.

Regards,

Krishnendu.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Das,

Is there is any way to map this in standard SAP?

Regards / US

former_member209265
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Uma,

As per me direct change to Recipe.. No.

Regards,

Krishnendu.

kiran_kumar179
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Uma Shakar,

How you are maintaining your recipe all 3 departments has been maintained as 3 operations in one recipe and whether for these departments out come material is maintained as SFG(Whether you want to track the inventory for these departments outcome materials)

It depends on how you are maintaining the interim materials and your recipe structure.

If you have one recipe with 3 operations and with different BOM components at different stages of process in single BOM then creating single BOM for FG would be good enough.

BR
KK

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kiran Kumar,

Each department has 4 operations and as of now we are maintaining in one routing and one BOM.

When there is any change in BOM of certain department, we have to change all materials, instead of that we want to maintain recipes (BOM) for each department and for one material 3 recipes has to be  assigned. If there is any change in recipe then we can change certain recipe.

Let me know is it possible in process industry or in any other way.

Regards / US

kiran_kumar179
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

US,

You can have Recipe with 3 group counters but question is how do you change components in Recipes?

You should change the components in BOM which would reflect in the components allocation in Recipe.

BR
KK

vibin_v_joseph
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Uma Shankar,

The BOM Created for a Material will carry a BOM Group # and this can be used to alter the Specific BOM which has to be changed. Please check the Transaction CS05.

Please Go through the Below Link to get Further Clarification.

Changing one Alternative in a Multiple BOM - BOMs (PP-BD-BOM) - SAP Library

and also Try CEWB workbench.

Regards,

VVJ