Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Leave request notification not found in approver UWL

Niladri_B_Nayak
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Friends,

After applying leave request from ESS choosing Approver/ Processor another employee, it shows Leave request sent to approver. But after logging in Approver's Portal, this notification is not found.

Leave request sent by employee "x" successfully:

Emp "x" has mentioned processor as employee "y"  during leave application:

Approver/Processor's ("y") UWL :

Leave request from above employee not came to approver .

Regards,

Niladri

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

troy_cronin2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Niladri

I hope you are well and many thanks for using the SAP Discussion Forums .

In relation to the scenario that you have described you mentioned the following:

• After applying leave request from ESS choosing Approver/ Processor another employee, it shows Leave request sent to approver.
  • But after logging in Approver's Portal, this notification is not found.
  • Leave request sent by employee "x" successfully:
  • Emp "x" has mentioned processor as employee "y"  during leave application:
  • Approver/Processor's ("y") UWL :
  • Leave request from above employee not came to approver .

Now based upon the second screenshot you provided we can see a "cannot connect to the provider" message highlighted is this a recent occurence?

I would like you to reference the following WIKI:

(UWL)Error message while trying to connect to provider

http://wiki.scn.sap.com/wiki/display/TechTSG/(UWL)Error+message+while+trying+to+connect+to+provider

Secondly have you checked the default trace to see if there are any underlying errors or further exceptions in the operations of the UWL Service?

Kindly update me as per your findings.

Kind Regards

Troy Cronin - Enterprise Portal Support Engineer

Niladri_B_Nayak
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Troy,

Thanks for your reply

We don't have SSO at present. Is SSO mandatory? Being HCM Functional guy , it's beyond my scope to carry out these activities.

However, I'll ask my EP Consultant/Basis about your suggestion and let you updated.

Regards,

Niladri

troy_cronin2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Niladri

No problem at all I am very happy to provide assistance and help out.

The recommendation as per your queries would be to seek consultation from your EP colleagues.

However just some points to highlight. In terms of SSO we would be looking at a wider scope ecapsulating the UWL from the perspective of the Enterprise Portal as opposed to just the UWL Service itself.

In this scenario we are dealing with workitems confined within the UWL.

The UWL itself works using two Pull operations. Firstly tasks are pulled from the backend into the UWL cache and they are pulled a second time from the cache into the UWL User Interface. Due to this
architecture there is an inherent delay in the automatic refreshes of the UWL. There is no way, in the current architecture that the UWL can refresh instantaneously.

So based upon the issue you have described you need to review the underlying concept through which the UWL service operates i.e. the UWL Destination Service Configuration.

Kindly update me as per your findings and follow the points posted in my previous post.

In addition to this kindly review the following documentation:

- SAP Note 1133821 - UWL Destination Service Configuration

Check that after applying Note 1133821 the destination names and the UWL connector names exactly match, even considering case-sensitiveness.If your portal system alias (=UWL connector name) is for example XYZCLNT100, then the rfc destination name should be exactly XYZCLNT100$WebFlowConnector. Please correct the rfc destination accordingly. (If Required)

Kindly update me as per your findings.

Kind Regards

Troy Cronin - Enterprise Portal Support Engineer.

siddharthrajora
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

can you first check in rptarqdbview the status of this particular leave ? is it happening to only one employee ? if happening to all, then you need to check your config, but one employee you can check in ECC and see the status and whom it is sent to? Please confirm this first

Niladri_B_Nayak
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Siddharth,

If we are doing through RPTARQ it's updating after posting the leave, but from ESS it is not happening directly. Actually we are in Realization phase- Go-live in April.

So I've created 40 test employees for 40 locations in Test server, and same error(BSP error) happening for all when they apply leave in ESS.

I've checked related config in ECC but didn't find any anomaly.

Regards,

Niladri

siddharthrajora
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

why you say its a BSP error? Are you using WDA leave request or WDJ? So its happening to all approvers? they cant see the request in UWL? So you need to check UWL configuration if you maintained correct system alias. Issue is with application or approval? Please be specific! You can default trace as explained earlier to see the exact error for the Leave application, for me application needs to be checked ie correct role and url of PCD Is maintained if its WDJ based Leave request http://scn.sap.com/thread/3289505

Niladri_B_Nayak
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Siddharth,

We are using WDJ only as of now( WDA is planned ).

Does UI5 comes under WDA ? We may go for that

Yes it is happening for all users. No body can see requests in UWL. Alias maintained.

Issue with both application and approver. Being HCM functional, I forwarded this issue to Portal guy.

I'll forward your suggested thread, Hope it will be resolved soon.

Regards,

Niladri

siddharthrajora
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

you should be able to troubleshoot this, Please check the levae request application and preview it via Content administrator if leave request works or not. You can check the role assigned too.

harishtk1
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Have you checked whether a Workflow Task is generated? Does the Workflow have the correct agent? If yes and yes, can the agent ,log into SAP ECC and see the task in SBWP?

Niladri_B_Nayak
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Harish,

How to check whether workflow task generated or not ?

How to check correct agent : agent means approver ?

If yes Agent can login in R/3 and through PTARQ he can approve . but problem in portal level approval only.

My portal consultant on long leave, Being HCM Functional it is creating chaos for me

Regards,

Niladri

Niladri_B_Nayak
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Finally I've checked SAP Note 779075, Deleted the Task # TS12300111 via SWFVISU as per this note.

Still not resolved.

Raised an OSS to SAP. Finger crossed for their reply

Regards,

Niladri

harishtk1
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Step 1, Create a Leave Request in ESS.

Step 2, log in to ECC using the expected manager's id, go to Transaction SBWP, and check whether there is a Work Item waiting there.

--

To view Work Items, transaction SWI1 can be used, it lists all work items generated since a certain time, which you can specify in the selection screen.

If you select a Work Item, you can view its detailed log and check the Agent (approver) assigned to it.

---

If Work Item is correctly generated in the above, and agent is incorrect, check the Leave Request Processing process customising

If Wokr itme is correct, and agent is correct, and everything is fine in SBWP, then check UWL customizing in SWFVISU. Here you may also need some help from a technical person.

Niladri_B_Nayak
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Harish,

First of all Leave request gives an error . This is pending with SAP marketplace with very high priority , yet to get a reply as I tried out all alternatives in scn .

As an alternative I've tried as below to apply leave via Leave Over view I-view( Emp x applied and its processor is selected as Emp y)

Step 1:

Step 2:

harishtk1
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I cannot see any of your images.

This seems to be a different problem, then - If I understood correctly, you initially said, Employee applied for leave by choosing a next processor, but the processor did not get anything in their inbox.

Good Luck with getting response for OSS in SAP.

Niladri_B_Nayak
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Harish,

Due to some internet issue , screenshots were not attached properly

Existing Bug with Leave Request raised to SAP :

Step 1 as per my last reply:

Step 2 :

SBWP with Approver's ECC id :

Nothing is parked here.

Regards,

Niladri

Former Member
0 Kudos

SICF> SAP> BC > UI5 > SAP > HRESS_LEAVREQ_G ....right click and activate this node

Niladri_B_Nayak
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Jwala,

I didn't get you. After SICF, in maintan service screen , it asks for n number of fields to fill up.''

Regards,

Niladri

siddharthrajora
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

HRESS_LEAVREQ_G this is SAPUI5 !!! not WDJ, Please read the documentation correctly! assign correct leave request service if you don't use Odata/gateway, http://help.sap.com/erp2005_ehp_06/helpdata/en/1f/a073be62744fcca7e1fae9942f0031/frameset.htm Check workitem id in rptarqdbview for the request!