Career Corner Discussions
Join the conversation in the Career Corner group to ask career-related questions, find approaches to building skills, and seek career advancements.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Changing career from BPO to Technical

Former Member
0 Kudos

I need few help or suggestions, am looking out for a change from BPO to technical background, basically i have experience in Sourcing and Procurement domain and now checking out for SAP SCM software testing. I have done few courses on java script and C++. Please provide you inputs how do i go through the path.

3 REPLIES 3

former_member192719
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Manjula,

I know that career change is always a challenge, bit stressful, we need to think twice before we switch to other one. As you have technical back ground, you can go for ABAP, But please consider job opportunities in the  market. Now a days most of the fresher jobs offered to Graduates who passed out from collages. As you are already experienced in BPO, trying to shift to Technical , make your analysis.

Do not leave your present job even you want to go ahead for technical.

There are many discussions in the forum will help you. just search "SAP fresher ABAP"

http://scn.sap.com/thread/2078544

All the best.

Regards,

SS

0 Kudos

Hi Suresh,

Thank you for your inputs.

Yes its a bit challenging for me to change my career.

I wanted to do certification courses considering my current experience in Sourcing and Procurement which is compeletely related to operational. But i will not leave my current job. I need to upgrade myself in technical field along with operational.

Please suggest some courses.

Regards,

Manjula S

0 Kudos

Hi Manjula,

If you choose technical ABAP, if you choose functional modules with relevant to your fields procurement , think about MM or WM.

Coming to certification , there is lot of information in SCN ( Pros and Cons), Beautifully explained. Go though once. Take decision.

All the very best.

Regards,

Suresh