Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP BO 4,0 Launchpad progress bar/loading icon issue

former_member237168
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello, 

We have been facing a issue related to the progress bar/loading icon in IE10 browser on BI4.0 launch pad.  When the user ID,password and authentication are entered and clicked on Logon , the IE browser does not show that the page is loading (or there is no indication of the page load on the progress bar). In fact the page remains static for some time and then loads the home page of the launchpad.

So the users are getting confused if the Logon button has been pressed correctly or not. This is happening only on IE where as on chrome, the loading icon would show up.

Kindly tell me if this is a known issue or any resolution for this?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Henry_Banks
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

I tried this on BI4.1 SP5 and there is no difference.

ideally, there should not be any significant loading time if the web app is performing well (i.e. platform is sized and tuned correctly)

regards,

H

former_member237168
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks Henry for the reply. We are on BI4.0 SP4. I could see the lag of 10-15 secs on both IE and chrome after clicking on "Logon". But my concern is that during that 10-15 secs , IE is not showing the loading icon.

Instead the page remains static for 10-15 seconds leading to the confusion to the users whether "logon" is clicked or not. Where as in chrome the load icon works.

If you mean "tuning and platform sizing" would fix this, can you please tell me which steps do i need to perform w.r.t tuning and sizing.

Thanks for your help.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sandy,

I have faced the same issue time ago and it was related to the IE version. Running it on Chrome and IE9 OK. But in new IE version it fail with different kind of errors.

Regards.

Former Member
0 Kudos

We are on BI 4.1 SP2 and I see the same behavior in IE 9. But it's not an issue for us as we use SSO.