Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

COPY INSPECTION PLAN & INSP CHAR LANGUAGE

matteo_bongiorno
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear gurus,

i have a question about inspection plan copy.

The scenario is the following:

PLANT 'A' (log on in English) has an inspection plan containing characteristic 'C1'. The short text for this characteristic is defined in English and Chinese. The inspection plan for plant 'A' has been created in English.

PLANT 'B' (log on in Chinese) wants to copy using QP01 (the standard coping function) the inspection plan from 'A'. After the copy, the short text of the characteristic, also if defined in chines, is copied in English.

Is there a way (standard or custom) to copy the characteristic short text changing the language (of course if it is defined) based on the log on language?

Thanks in advance.

Regards.

M.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member207800
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Is the characteristic 'C1' a master insp. characteristic and does it have multiple short texts depend on language key?

Then no problem. Just copy the inspection plan.

SAP will show suitable short text on results recording screen according to log on language.

Regards

matteo_bongiorno
Participant
0 Kudos

C1 is a MIC with short text both in english and chinese. When i copy the inspection plan logging on in chinese, the MIC short text remaint the english one. I tried more than once. Could be some MIC parameter, or the way the source plan has been created?

thanks.

former_member207800
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

When I test the copy function same as your scenario, the short text of MIC automatically is changed based on log on language.

Could you show us your screen capture?

Regards

matteo_bongiorno
Participant
0 Kudos

Consider only this MIC (the last one in the inspection plan). 'ZH' is the chinese short text.

nitin_jinagal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Interestingly strange !!

I'm not sure but have you looked at GUI settings? (Never came across such thing )

ntn