cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MDG-S: - Enhancement BP data model with Custom entity and manage it in the UI

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have a requirement where i need to enhance MDG BP data model with Custom Entity & display the attributes on the UI. And all the data of custom attributes should flow from staging tables to Custom R/3 tables upon approval.

Type of the Custom entity is "Changeable by change request".

I am following the document “SAP How-To Guide: Extend the MDG Business Partner – Node Extension (Reuse Option)” available here

I am stuck in the handler class which i have created.

1st Issue : is that this class is not getting triggered from the UI. So the values which we are providing in the fields are getting refreshed on the UI itself.

2nd Issue : how the data will flow from UI to staging tables & then to the custom table.

Please provide some solution if anyone of you had faced this type of scenario.

Regards,

Rohit

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rohit,

If your the custom handler class is not getting triggered then check if you have registered your custom handler in the view  V_MDG_BS_BP_HDL.

Hope that helps

Regards,

Sara

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gladiator,

Thanks for your response. yes that was the problem now it is getting triggered.

Any idea regarding the custom entity management in the UI. Is it possible to save the data in the staging tables and then after approval to the R/3 tables ?

Note : here the custom entity is of type "Changeable by change request".

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes it is possible to save data in the staging table as well as R/3 tables once approved for the custom entity. Your Handler class should take care of this. You have to implement the interface methods of your handler class so as to read, check, map and save the custom entity data.

Regards,

Sara

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sara,

I have created a Custom Entity ZDIVER_WM under BP data model like this :-

This above Entity holds certain Attributes.Also i have created a relationship

Upon Activation, Staging table is generated.

Now my question is if i go ahead using the same document which i mention above.

Is it possible to handle this custom entity using handler class. Please respond.

I have created a handler class taking reference of "CL_MDG_BS_BP_HANDLER" and implemented its methods. but i am facing issues while reading the entity.

Please share if you have any idea on this

Regards,

Rohit

Former Member
0 Kudos

I cannot comment on what storage type/ Relationship/ cardinality you should use for entity ZDIVER_WM by looking at this snapshot. This depends on what the corresponding table is in ECC.  Discuss with your functional consultant Or data modeler and confirm your Data modelling is ok.

However once your data model is extended and structures generated, then you  can create your Z handler class and redefine the interface methods accordingly for your custom entity ZDIVER_WM.

What is the issue you are facing while reading the entity. Provide the description of the error.

Regards,

Sara

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sara,

We are not getting any Error. It is just that the Z Handler Class is not getting triggered for my Custom Entity ZDIVER_WM. The triggering happens when the Custom Dependant Object is created under 'BP_Role' in the Genil Model.

We have created that Genil Enhancement also. Still it is not getting triggered.

Regads,

Rohit

ashwincap
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Rohit,

Please check the configurations and code again that you have referred.

I guess you are missing the relation between the genil model and custom entity that you have created in SM34 for view cluster: VC_MDG_BS_GENIL_C.

Indeed the standard document has some missing points that you need to debug and find out.

Second point to check is the - genIL Component Class for Custom Table : that you may have created. Please check it here you definetly find the missing link.

Third point is missing mapping of teh DB data for the custom entity in the method: F_MDG_BS_BP_ACCESS_HANDLER~GET_OBJECT_DATA_BY_ENTITY, of the custom handler class that you have created, - this is not mentioned in the stadard document.

Hope this helps.!!

Warm regards

Ashwini