cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MIC with reference Char.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Gurus.

Please help me on a scenario with your expert opinion.

I have 2 Plants A and B. The material is configurable so the specification of the MIC "C" is based on Sales Order Characteristics which is linked to the MIC "C" as a reference Char.

the scenario was running fine till we had one plant "A". now we are adding another plant B where MIC "C" is irrelevant and they need MIC "D". I have created MIC "D" and inspection plan for Material A, plant B with MIC "D" but at the time of results recording MIC "C" is also appearing in the inspection lot created for Plant B.

MIC "C" was created in plant A

MIC "D" waste created in plant B

Can you please advise a way to restrict MIC "C" appearing in inspection lot created in plant B during results recording.

Is there any way to restrict MIC of one plant to appear/add in inspection plan/result recording of any other plant.

Regards

MD

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member207800
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Did you check any enhancement such as QPL10001?

I agree with Nitin J.

I don't believe this issue occurs within standard process.

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

https://help.sap.com/saphelp_45b/helpdata/en/34/60b345ae724effe10000009b38f91f/content.htm

Please read the last line in the line. it is saying if inspection type is checked for inspection with configuration in material master then at the time of RR Salesorder/production order characteristic will also appear (even if it is not added in the task list).

I havnt checked any enhancement, i will looking if there is any standard way to restrict  the MICs created for other plant... or restrict few VC characteristics to appear in RR>

nitin_jinagal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

So this is something missed during initial discussion.

I understand MIC C is referenced characteristic and is linked with Class Characteristic assigned to SO. Now in other plant (Plant B), you inspect the material wrt to configuration and due to above linking, you get MIC C in the Plant B as well.

Above will occur since this is standard procedure.

If you want to restrict MIC C from appearing in any plant, you need to set the indicator off for Insp wrt to configuration for that material in the same plant. This way you'll only get those MIC for recording which are maintained in task list.

I'm not sure if above suggestion will fit into scenario. But it'll work (for plant B) if you only need a fix set of inspection characteristic maintained in task list (and nothing else) and you do the setting only for wrt task list !

ntn

Former Member
0 Kudos

Nitin, I hope we are close to the solution.

here MIC "C" and MIC "D" both are assigned to sales order class characteristics.

now MIC "C" is required in plant A and MIC "D" is required in plant B. so I can not uncheck "inspect wrt to configuration" check in material master for either of the plant. and both characteristics are appearing in both plants inspection lot.

what should i do for this scenario..

thanks

former_member207800
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

So I have to say again.

Did you check any enhancement such as QPL10001 for your requirement?

Regards

nitin_jinagal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I assume you know that any MIC created in one plant can be used in inspection plan/ mat spec of other plant also. So if it appears in the inspection lot, no wonder it is assigned either in task list or material specification.

Pl run a check over this and one on following, 

Do check if this MIC C is appearing in all inspection lots or only in one lot. If only in one lot, there could be possibility that some user added it in the RR screen itself (Though probability is lesser for this to occur)

ntn

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi Nitin, thanks for response.

Yes I knew we can use the MIC of one plant in another plant as well. The problem is that it is neither assigned in task list nor to material specification but at the time of results recording it is appearing in the inspection characteristics.

it is appearing for all inspection lots.

is there any way to restrict  MIC for a particular plant only?

nitin_jinagal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

A way to restrict, I'm afraid the answer is No! Or none that I'm aware of.

However, it is still hard to believe that you get an MIC for recording which is neither assigned to task list nor in mat specs.

Pl share a screen for both task list and RR screen to identify this difference. May be you or I'm missing something

ntn