cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to change in SAP BW Fiscal year

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

Currently our BW System we have Fiscal Year Jan to Dec, My requirement I need to change Fiscal Year March to April, Can you please help this issue.

We have urgent requirement this can you please help me any related documents or link.

Thanks in Advance.........All Experts.

Regards,

Vijay.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member181999
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Vijay.

This is a big change and has dependency on the source sys and BW sys. Please use the following steps.

1) As your organization officially changing their Fiscal Year calendar (From Jan --> Dec to April--> march)and therefore change Fiscal Year Variant from "old" to  "New calendar year" on the source R3/ECC system?

2)If the Fiscal Year Variant that's being used today is being changed, whereby they don't have to configure / identify a different Fiscal Year Variant in the source system, you can merely do a Transfer Global Settings in BW to pull the new Fiscal Year Variant definition from the source system.

3)If your organization is changing their Fiscal Year Variant code in the source system, they you will have to make changes in BW where you have coded default values for a Fiscal Year Variant. If the Fiscal Year Variant is being transferred with the data, you shouldn't have to make any changes there, since the historical data will remain in the "Old" Fiscal Calendar format.

Hope this helps. thank you