Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Single Female employee also able to apply maternity : India Specific

Niladri_B_Nayak
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Friends,

At present there is no restriction for single female employees for Maternity leave . In IT0080 it checks only male/female but not single/married female as maintained in IT0002

Any Badi/Userexit to be enhanced for this?

Same should be seen in ESS i.e. Female single employee should not have option for maternity leave in dropdown.

Regards,

Niladri

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Sanky
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Niladri,

In the ESS you can give the restric on maternity leave apply to female employee once her personal data field as married.

You can talk with EP consulatnt as the same and check with BADI PT_GEN_REQ, PT_ABS_REQ.

Regards,

Sankarsan

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

harishtk1
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Why is there a pressing need to make system functionality to prevent this? How many single females do apply for maternity leave? Is there any approval process? can the manager or HR simply reject the leave and be done with it? I would imagine the number of cases so happening in a single organisation will be so minuscule as to make any custom development a bit of over engineering.

Apart from SAP functionality of it - What a retrogressive requirement in this day and age! Why should not a single female apply for maternity leave? Anyway, that is not a question for discussion in these forums.

Niladri_B_Nayak
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Harish,

I am 100% agreed to your point  . It's a Taboo rather than issue !! We have convinced the client and decided not to restrict it any more . Not going for any customization for this.

Regards,

Niladri

venkateshorusu
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Instead of drop down do not allow them to create absence type in portal check below BADI.

PT_GEN_REQ, PT_ABS_REQ.

Regards

Venkatesh