cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Production Order Goods Return

0 Kudos

I would like to  return good from production order , then i use the reservation with movement 262. 

However the sytem show the error message  "Manual reservation for order category 10 not allowed ", such as the picture.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

UmeshMali4994
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Ray ,

When you convert the planned order to Prod order reservation will take place ,in the case of Planned order creeated through MRP run.

In the case of manually prod order not possible to reserve, but Reservation create in issuing plant for component if prod order created directly through C001,

If you want to return the goods, you can follow the step suggested by Gobinath,

System not allowed you to manual reservation for category 10 as per standard SAP.

Thanks & regards

Umesh Mali

Answers (7)

Answers (7)

0 Kudos

Hi friends,

Thank for your reply!

I know i can use transaction migo . But the warehouse managers hope the demand sectors create a reservation with movement 262.

I think this method should not be work and i've given up.

UmeshMali4994
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Ray,,

Request you to close the thread to select the answer as correct and helpful

Regards

Umesh Mali

former_member209265
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ray,

What you wanted to do with the reservation. You have to reverse the document through MIGO.

In MIGO post the document in 262 movement. The issued material will be reversed.

Is your problem is like that? Or you expect something more.

Regards,

Krishnendu.

GordonLamrock
Newcomer
0 Kudos

Hello Ray,

There are other options depending on what functionality you need to enable.

If you're happy to return goods, so that the Production Order is correctly costed for the raw material return, the Documented Goods Movements report is updated (if you activated it), but that the "Withdrawal Quantity" is NOT updated on the Components tab, you could use MIGO - Goods Receipt - Other, where you enter in all the details of the stock you're returning, and on the last tab you refer to the Process Order.

This can work well for some - but one new issue is also that it's uncontrolled in that any material (even one not on the Components tab) could be received back from your Production Order.

This may or not be useful for you, but it's certainly the most direct method if the downside isn't an issue for you.

maheshkumar_komatineni
Active Participant
0 Kudos

HI Ray,

For doing Goods reversal form Production order you can do it By two ways 1. go to MIGO select Return delivery give production order No and Movement type 262. execute the transation.

or Go to display mode of the Production order in menu bar select Go To and Documented Goods Movement take the material Document No with 261 movement type.

come back to MIGo transaction select Cancellation give the material Document No  and Execute the Transaction.

Note : reversal only possible if you have not done any Goods receipt from Prodcution.

Regards,

mahesh.

Gopinath_Ram
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Ray,

In my opinion you can directly use Transaction MB1A "Enter Goods Issue" using movement type 262 for this order.

Please help us to understand your business reason for using manual reservation.

Regards

Gopinath R

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

What process is this that one needs to create a reservation to cancel a goods issue?

former_member201529
Active Contributor
0 Kudos