cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BP relationships and Customer contact person

0 Kudos

Hi All,

We are trying to maintain Customer contact persons using BP relationship entity in MDG 7.0 system. As per my understanding to create a Customer contact person using CVI settings, we need to create a BP of type "Person" in BP Relationship entity. This contact BP is created in BP Group which is marked as "Internal Standard Grouping".

Once the Customer BP is activated, it creates the contact in KNVK table along with the Customer. The Customer Contact Id is generated using some internal number range and this number is different from BP ID created in relationship entity. Where can I find the Customer Contact Internal number range and can I have a control over numbering?

Even when I create a contact manually using VAP1 tcode, Id is generated using some internal number range and I am not able to locate it.

Basically the business requirement is that the Customer Contact Id and its corresponding BP Id should be same. We have complete control over number ranges of BP Groups and Customer account groups. Even we can have same ids for BP and Customer. Can we do something similar for having same Ids for Customer Contact and its BP?

Regards,

Ashwin

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member188878
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Ashwin,

It is maintained in tcode VPN1.You can maintained the same number ranges for both BP and CP.

regards

shankar

0 Kudos

Hi Shankar,

I maintained the same number ranges for both BP and Contacts, this worked fine for few days. We got a CVI error and only BP got created & Contacts were not created. So the NR status went out of sync for BP and Conatcts number ranges.

Can we make number range of Contacts as external and while creating whether it will take BP number?

Regards,

Ashwin

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member226173
Active Participant
0 Kudos

HI Ashwin,

Are you using the BP UI or Customer like UI ???

Regards,

Vag Vignesh Shenoy

0 Kudos

We are using BP UI