cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Running 64-bit PB12.6 application

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am trying to use PB12.6 for a 64-bit platform.

I created a "Hello World" app and linked it for 64-bit platform.

On attempting to run the executable it crashes with "The application was unable to start correctly (0xc000007b)".

Googling this I found a Sybase document which describes the Sysem Requirements for 64-bit deployment.

It says the runtime requirement includes "PB 12.6 64-bit system files". What are these?

On my development PC with the PB12.6 IDE the PB files are all in C:/Program Files (x86)/Sybase/Shared/PowerBuilder.

As I understand things these must be 32-bit system DLLs. Where are the 64-bit PB DLLs?

Help please anyone.

LArry Peters

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member190719
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If you look in the C:\Program Files (x86)\Sybase\Shared\PowerBuilder area, you will find a new x64 directory underneath it.  For a 64 bit deploy, use the same runtime files as before:

PowerBuilder Runtime Files

Except that you would deploy the version from the x64 directory.

For a rather simple application, I was able to get by with just deploying the following.

• libjcc.dll
  • PBSHR126.DLL
  • PBVM126.DLL
  • PBUIS126.DLL

Note that last file is new to PB 12.6, and must be included.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks, Bruce. I'll try that tomorrow and let you know how I go,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Bruce.

That worked fine once I had isolated the correct versions of those 4 files.

Larry

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member202249
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Larry,

You can also use the PB Runtime Packager to create a 64 bit msi to deploy the 64 bit dlls. 

Pat Steinhardt

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Patricia,

I ran the Runtime Packager and yes, it gave me about 12 files which worked for me.

Thanks again.

Larry

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am now having this same issue.  I used the runtime package and can't seem to get the problem resolved.  My question is that even though I am running on a 64-bit environment, I have compiled and want my application to run as 32-bit.  Is this possible?

former_member190719
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

All you need to do is follow the original deployment steps (including runtimes).

The x64 libraries are only for when you want a 64 bit application.  The 32 bit libraries are for when you want a 32 bit application, regardless of the operating system bitness.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ok.  I did full deploy with setting at 32-bit.  ran the run time packager for 32 bit stuff.  copied all the pbd and exe over to vm.  installed the runtime on the vm.  rebooted, ran the app.  same error.  What am i missing?

former_member202249
Active Participant
0 Kudos

John,

Have you made sure the required MS files are on that VM? 

Visual C++ runtime, Active Template, and GDI+ libraries

When you deploy the core PowerBuilder runtime files, you must ensure that the msvcr71.dll, msvcp71.d...DLL archive Web site. They are also available from the DLL archive Web site.

The PowerBuilder runtime files also have a runtime dependency on Microsoft Windows GDI+ (gdiplus.dll). The GDI+ graphics design interface is included by default in the system paths of all Windows platforms currently supported by PowerBuilder.

Microsoft files

Pat

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes.  All 6 of those files are my application folder.

former_member190719
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Post a list of exactly what files you deployed.

Former Member
0 Kudos

the files below are in the app folder.  plus i installed the package from the run time packager.

former_member190719
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I see the Microsoft libaries and your PowerBuilder PBDs.

I don't see the PowerBuilder libraries:  PBVM???.DLL, PBSHR???.DLL, etc.  (Where ??? is the version number).

Former Member
0 Kudos

The runtime package put them all in c:\program files (x86)\Sybase\shared\powerbuilder.  here is a snippet of those though.

Former Member
0 Kudos

So i have had some succcess.  If i copied all the files from the shared folder into my app folder, the application works.  This application needs to be deployed via smart client and I am unable to get this to work on several machines and windows 8 and 7 operating systems.  What am I missing here?

former_member190719
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I don't know what steps you're taking to try to set up the smart client.  That's also a rather different topic than the original one here.  I suggest you start a new thread and explain how you're trying to define the smart client as part of that new thread.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Patricia,

I am having same problem of running PowerBuilder application. I copied all dll's you mentioned your replay, still I am getting error. when I  removed sybase directories from path and it gives again same error. Our user does not have that path. This path created when I loaded PowerBuilder 12.6. User does not have PowerBuilder. Any suggestion.

Sudhir

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jon,

How do i run "Run time Package" please advice.

sudhir

former_member202249
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Sudhir,

Did you run the msi that was created with the runtime packager?   The default if to deploy the msi to the Sybase directory.   Also make sure you have all the required Microsoft files.  If not on the deployment machine, you will need to manually deploy those.

Pat