cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why storage type 902? How does the system identified this storage type?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am trying to perform a 122 (return to vendor) and i am getting error message

Available stock shortfall of 100.00 EA in interim storage bin.

I am aware that if I go to IMG:

IMG > LE > WM > Interfaces > Inventory managment > Allow Negative Stocks in Interim Storage Types(I've found this in the forum)

I can by pass this but the system will create a negative amount.

my question is when I expand the popup error message it sayss:

Diagnosis

In Customizing, the setting is such that no negative stock is allowed in storage type 902. 

However, this posting will cause negative stock to exist in storage bin DOCK of storage type 902.

Why is is referring to 902 with bin DOCK? where does the system look so the it's storage type 902 with bin DOCK?

thanks

neo

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Neo,

You can follow the below path to define the particular fixed bin or Dynamic Bin at movement type level.

SPRO > LE > WM > Activities > Transfers > Define Movement types

For the particular combination of warehouse and movement type you can define the same.

Regards

Madhur

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Madhur, Jurgen,

I went there but I can't find a warehouse/mov type combination

neo

MANIS
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Could you please mention the process step which you are following for return to vendor

Also have a look on the below mentioned standard SAP link for detail

136 – Return to Vendor

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We are transfering stock between plants and this is the scenario:

1) a 643 was created by a one of the plants putting the stock in transit

2) the second plant received it with a 101 putting the stock in Q

the issue was the user received this line item by mistake normally he executes a MBST to cancel the received

but because of some master data setting, ERS (evaluated receipt settlement) was set so the invoice is created not allowing the user to cancel the GR 101.

so I suggested the user to cancel the invoice but in the mean time I created this scenario in my sandbox.

the reason all this is related to my posting is that I am testing this scenario on a separate system but rather than canceling the invoice

i am creating a 122 but it's when I got the message Available stock shortfall of 100.00 EA in interim storage bin.

I just wanted to know where in config is this 902 DOCK when I try to perform the 122 mov type?

MANIS
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

"i am creating a 122"

can you please elaborate which document or which step

Former Member
0 Kudos

what I meant to say is since there is an invoice for the GR 101 I can't do a 102 (reversal)

reason I am performing a 122 MIGO to put the stock back to the vendor

MANIS
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

i am not sure what actually are you trying to achieve but as far as movement type mapping are concern

please check the IM to WM mapping in

IMG > LE > WM > Interfaces > Inventory management >Define movement type

Once you find the mapping of 122 is linked with which WM movement type then goto

IMG > LE > WM > Activites > TR > Define movement type

Check the detail of the movement type and you will find the source / destination storage type detail there

please have a look on the below mentioned existing thread

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Customizing of movement types in WM.

There you define whether you use fixed bins or dynamic bins for a certain movement.