cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Aggregation node not aggregating

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have inserted an aggregation node below the final aggregation node in a graphical CV (see picture below). Both aggregation nodes are identical and both contain an integer field 'FLAG' which has been propagated from node 'Union_1' below and defined as a 'measure' in the semantic node..

For some unexplicable reason the records and thereby the measure FLAG is not aggregated in the first aggregation node ('Aggregation_1). Aggregation only takes place in the final aggregation node ('Aggregation'). Well darn me if I am stupid to assume that an aggregation node is supposed to ... yes exactly: to aggregate

I would be most grateful if somebody could explain this most awkward behaviour to me.

I assume I am doing something wrong so I would indeed like to know what it is.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member210482
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Me,

In order to aggregate a measure, first you need to add it as aggregated output by right clicking the field on which you need to perform aggregation. See the image below

\

Once you have added it as aggregated column, your fields will be aggregated. If you have already done this and still facing issues, then please share the screenshots of aggregation nodes.

Regards,

Safiyu

Former Member
0 Kudos

This exactly what I said

former_member210482
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Oops, my bad.. didnt see that..

0 Kudos

Hi Guys.

I am new to Hana and from SAP MII background.

Even I was confused , why the aggregate node is not doing aggregation for output columns.

But when added column as 'Aggregated Column' , I was able to see the aggregated result set in data preview.

Spend lot of time, but this post helped me.

Thanks

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Any ideas out there?