cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ESS/MSS Functionality in ECC EHP5 for NWBC

Former Member
0 Kudos

We are currently looking to replace our outdated (7.01) portal environment with ESS/MSS with WD4A applications hosted within NWBC.  We are on ECC 6 EHP5 (HR is 604 sp 79 ).  Can anyone tell me (or point me in the right direction) if there is equivalent functionality available for NWBC (Abap) for all of the items mentioned below:

Our current portal environment has the following functionality:

• Employee Self Service
    • Personal Data (Addresses, bank Details, Family member/dependents, personal data)
    • W2
    • W4
    • Benefits and payment (Paystub, benefits enrollment, benefits statement)
    • Working time (Leave Request, quota overview)
    • Travel & Expenses (Expense Reports, Mytrips...)
  • Manager Self Service
    • UWL (For approval of leave requests)
    • Services for my employees (to see time off quotas and submit leave request for an employee)

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

The applications you have listed are available as WDAs. You will most likely be replacing UWL with a POWL based inbox so take that into consideration. Based on my own experience, I would recommend you to upgrade to at least EHP6, install MSS Add-On or even go to HR Renewal 1.0 (or even better 2.0). The newer the SP level the better, otherwise you will be looking at implementing hundreds if not thousands of SAP notes. ABAP skills can't be underestimated in a such undertaking, there are a lot of bugs and restrictions in the different versions of SAP HCM. WDA skills come into play if you need to enhance the standard. Good luck.

I think this should have been posted to space.

siddharthrajora
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

I agree with Samuli, Please note benefits is only available in WDA from EHP6, better to move to HR renewal.